No announcement yet.

My KLZE Festiva Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can move the booster and keep the same leverage point by bending the force rod (the part that connects to the pedal.) Back to where you need it.

You don't really put a bunch of pressure on that rod, but it would be a good idea to gusset any bends if they're significant.

Gaining mechanical advantage on the brakes means that it'll be easier to lock them up. If you can manage your foot, its not a problem. If it becomes a problem, there are a bunch of things you can do to fix it, as you can see.

Comment

• ^^ That's what I was talking about when I said "Z" bar :thumbright:
      If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
      Zulu Ministries

Comment

• I'm not quite sure what you mean by Z bar, can you describe it or post a link to pics?

I'm going to put the build on pause, two weeks from now I have to answer a challenge of racing a turbo cobalt SS at the track, so I'll be putting the festiva back together N/A to race :evil4:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Basically just bend or cut your rod to make up for the offset. Gusset it at the bends or cuts if the angle starts to get extreme to eliminate flexing or deflection.

Here's a pic of a clutch Z bar but it should give you a pretty good idea

If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

• Thats what i thought you were talking about but i don't think there will be a need for that type of setup

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• Can you point me to your orig build when you put the v6 in the car? Thx-
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

• Members Builds (questions about repair or how to do something belong in the proper forum)

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                  Thats what i thought you were talking about but i don't think there will be a need for that type of setup
                  He didn't call it a "Zed" bar

I kid I kid!

I'm interested in how racing the cobalt ss goes. a guy I know from high school thinks his is the fastest thing ever... I smell my first kill once the turbo protege is up and tuned!
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• :lol: I actually forgot to contact the guy with the SS, oh well there'll be another time lol

Comment

• So is it turbo'd yet
                      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Not yet lol i'm working on paying off some debts then maybe after FM5 i'll be able to start buying more parts

Comment

• ah, you've been busy doing the KJ swap,

I got a hit on a site tonight and I wanted to show you a nice compliment. seems to be following your KLZE

Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                          http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

• I guess it's time to clean the dust off this thread and update it

Last week i bought this nice little nitrous kit, its a wet kit and it came with 5 different nozzles ranging from a 35 shot to a 75 shot

And today i went on DIYautotune.com and bought a Megasquirt 2 DIY kit, once it arrives pics will follow

Comment

• All this power, have you made any progress towards controlling the wheel spin yet?
                              91GL BP/F3A with boost
                              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

• All i need is decent tires

Comment

Working...
                                X