Festicle and xaero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
    AWESOME work Hot Wheels ! Two things, what ball joint did you use on the BF arm that fits the Aspire Knuckle taper. And it looks like you have some rods passing thru the hubs,are those mocking up where the diff will be situated?Really cool build man -
    I'm not sure on what rods passing thru the hubs you are seeing. The axles and trans are in place, nothing else was used for mock up. We used a ball joint from a bf 323 [1988] and it fits right into the aspire knuckles. Its the same size.

Comment

OK thanks It must just be the end of the axle I see.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Never mind what I said about the rad. I just realized where your turbo was located so you wont be able to fit a rad in the stock location. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post

Where abouts did you obtain these from?

Sent from the depths of hell.
          Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
          Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
          Highway - 7.32L/100km
          City - yet to be determined.

Comment

welded 1/4 plate to flooer (welded got a little sloppy due to the tar was melting from above and getting in weld!)

this is one of the ears for the BG mount, we made a hole threw the frame rail and installed a sleeve for reinforcement

Love the work on the Modded LCA.. No sway bar .. Why the guys at the factory didn't invest more time on this beast has got me beat.

Unreal work.. Subbed on this thread.. Can't wait for the finished result on the whole project.

Avg Economy:
            Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Also saw these as a rough template idea.. Instead of adding the additional mount point, essentially bolt other end near chassis bolt entrance and just use a longer bolt.

Avg Economy:
              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

i saw you post that earlier, I think thats just a generic photo. the cost is to cheap for a full set of tubular arms. Those look like tubular arms off a gm product. Maybe s10. there is no way that would fit our frame. You would need a custom knuckle.

Comment

i saw you post that earlier, I think thats just a generic photo. the cost is to cheap for a full set of tubular arms. Those look like tubular arms off a gm product. Maybe s10. there is no way that would fit our frame. You would need a custom knuckle.
                  Cool.. Didn't think they were the ones that'd fit, but ya never can tell.

Avg Economy:
                  Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
                    Cool.. Didn't think they were the ones that'd fit, but ya never can tell.

Jaw, since Gomez & Hot Wheels aren't interested maybe you could try them? Looks easy just use a longer bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                      Jaw, since Gomez & Hot Wheels aren't interested maybe you could try them? Looks easy just use a longer bolt.
                      I'm sorry.. I don't know if these will fit. As I said earlier.. Without seeing them, it's hard to say.

If they aren't interested.. All good, I'm sure they can tell me. It was just an idea and I'm sorry it upset you.

Just a few replies ago I did say cool as in no worries.

It also appears that they already come with a longer bolt.

Last edited by jawbraeka; 04-12-2014, 10:41 PM.

Avg Economy:
                      Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

^ You didnt upset me.

Comment

Well that's good. I'm not trying to stand on anyone's feet here.. If they have their plans for what they want to do, that's cool.. I'm just putting suggestion forward as an expression of interest.. That's all.

I've even found three control arms that may be possible to swap in since I've seen this idea come to me and have someone mention that this was happening on a project.

I didn't think contribution was going to be such a complicated concept for some to accept.

Last edited by jawbraeka; 04-12-2014, 11:27 PM.

Avg Economy:
                          Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post

I didn't think contribution was going to be such a complicated concept for some to accept.

Helpful contribution such as "I did this and it worked" or "I test fit this part and this is whats needed to work" are accepted. Pointless clutter like "I saw this and it looks like it'd fit even though I don't know the actual dimensions" isn't.

I love new ideas but as ive said in other threads you need to back them up with more than it looks like itd fit.
                            Better Than Nothing Racing

Way too many cars

:woc:

Comment

Alright alright alright alright alright LoL. I will find specs and include them.

Avg Economy:
                              Highway - 7.32L/100km

Comment

small update
                                one of the miata guys was able to tig up my inter cooler piping (thanks Jeff!)

I had my crusty Aspire beam sand blasted and powder coated. Getting ready to install the Russian's disc brake swap plates and EGT rotors and calipers. I need to pick up some bolts so this will probably be finished during the week.

Before

After with mock up

Last edited by Hot_Wheels; 04-19-2014, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X