Dr Dan's B6 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWESOMENESS!

That thing sounds mean! Have you had a chance to drive it yet?
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• I drove it too!

Took it around the neighborhood with no hood, and no tailpipe/muffler.

It turned heads.
      Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
      Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
      Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
      Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
      http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• hahaa.. hows it feel?
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Strong. :p
          I have to get that tailpipe and muffler on there so I can time it, and tune it. The engine appears to be a good one. (finally) No smoke
          1st gear when I pulled out of the carport, surprised me. (like :thumbup

It started really well the first try. A couple coughs and it roared to life.
          In the vid I hadnt done anything to it, except drive it around the block.
          It didnt knock or tick on start. It helped that I put assembly lube on every rolling surface I could touch, and filled the oil filter with oil when I put it on.
          Last edited by drddan; 07-24-2012, 05:19 AM.
          Dan

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

• Very nice! We're (Festiva_Fred, Pu241 and I) planning a mini-meet about two hours west of STL, in Hermann, on Sat Aug 4th. Possibly you can bring your car?
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

• SWEEEET!

Motor sounds great.

Did anyone notice the way Dr. Dan vanishes right before the video ends?

Most curious
              '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

• Tom, if I have the exhaust done by then (which I should) I would like to make that meet. What are the plans?

Winery's! ....FTW!
                Last edited by drddan; 07-24-2012, 12:33 PM.
                Dan

R.I.P.
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

• Congrats Dan ! Very nice job, you should be proud !! Looks and sounds great.
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• That thing rocks! You'll have a great daily driver there. I love mine. Dependable, smooth running, peppy, and very economical. Good job!

Comment

• This is why you had a stroke of bad luck with your other rides lately, your festy was so jealous it sabotaged them while you were sleeping! I bet you'll be good to go now with a couple back up plans!
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

• I would like to thank everyone, for all the comments, encouragement, and motivation!
                        There were times I felt like giving up towards the end. It has been so hot here, and my work hours are so screwed up, I could only get myself to work on it on weekends, and at night.
                        With all the words of encouragement from all you guys, it kept me going. :thumbup:

Of course I made it harder on myself, being so anal about painting everything, and mods to stuff I didnt expect, but it was worth the effort.

If some of you learned something from it, then it was even more worth it.
                        I know I did :p

This thread is not over, yet. More to do, and I have a few things up my sleeve still, so look forward to more stuff!

Thank You, one and all!!!!!
                        Dan

R.I.P.
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

• Hey! Got the exhaust installed on the car today, so it is officially "on the road again"! Yea! :p

Sounds great. Almost cant hear it at stops, but getting on the gas it gives a nice throaty sound. A little more power now with the back pressure from the tailpipe and muffler on there too.

I think i'm a gonna be happy with the B6.
                          Dan

R.I.P.
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

• Some guys I know are comparing exhaust tones. This is a stock '88 Festiva with a 2" tailpipe from the cat back; no muffler.

Does it sound like this?
                            '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

• Ha ha!Nice sound and vid!

Not quite. Mine is a little quieter. Maybe 2 DB. :p

It's got a few issues, though. The engine, when run and held steady to a higher rpm....say like 2000 or 3000 rpm, or even 4000 it spits (misses) makes it sound like it has a race cam (think, almost ken block kinda sounding)
                              At idle, it purrs like a kitten. No vibration, very even idle, revs good and very immediate, drops off rpm to idle quickly and smoothly.
                              It seems to spit more when warmed all the way up. Doesnt affect smooth acceleration, but, at cruise, the spitting makes the car jerk back and forth, letting off the gas, or giving it gas, it is okay.

Also the 5 spd tranny, is ignorant to shift! Not smooth like the 4 spd I took out.
                              Does "okay" just shifting 1-2-3-4-5, but down shifting is a :nono:
                              Almost impossible to shift from 5 to 4. Have to try and get it in 3, to line it up so it will go in 4, and that takes a little effort then.

Other than that, it drives like a dream!!!!
                              Last edited by drddan; 07-27-2012, 11:06 PM.
                              Dan

R.I.P.
                              Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!

Comment

• The spitting is likely EGR if you have it, bad plug wires if you dont.

Comment

Working...
                                X