No announcement yet.

Ian's B6T Festiva build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little added water displacement under the car for good measure. Lol.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 04-26-2016, 12:53 PM.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Boost gauge is in and hooked up, gauge pod installed, water/meth system all wired up. The controller for the injection setup is in the glove box.

Turned the engine over with no plugs in and oil pressure came up quickly. Gapped the new spark plugs and put them in the tried to start it up for the first time with no luck.

I had checked that cylinder #1 and the distributor were in the right positions. Checked that I had the fuel lines hooked up correctly... the line from the filter goes to the fuel rail with the line off the fuel pressure regulator going back to the tank.

The fuel pump is turning on, at least when I open the door in the VAF meter. That's as far as I got yesterday. Will be checking to see if there is actually fuel at the rail and then checking for spark.

I'll be back in the garage later today and will keep you posted!
      Last edited by fastivaca; 04-29-2016, 08:42 AM.
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Grounds ... Check all the grounds . Listen for inj hum .
        New build on the way .

Comment

• Originally posted by shadetree View Post
          Grounds ... Check all the grounds . Listen for inj hum .
          I was actually texting you when this post popped up!
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

• Make sure the green 3 pin plug, that lives near the coil is, clean and plugged in securely. It's very important.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• looking great hoping all is well with you!
              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                looking great hoping all is well with you!
                Thanks Danny

Ian
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Still no start but I've narrowed it down to ignition as there is no spark at the plug. Going to be working back from there to narrow it down further.
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Even with the frustration with the car not starting I did mange to get a couple of things done...

Painted and installed the strut bar...

I was originally a much different blue than the car and didn't go well with the red valve cover.

Just about have the rebuilt console ready to go in. The one from the red car had a couple of cracks so I redid one for this car...

Thanks for your continued interest.
                    Last edited by fastivaca; 04-30-2016, 08:53 PM.
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                      Even with the frustration with the car not starting I did mange to get a couple of things done...

Painted and installed the strut bar...

I was originally a much different blue than the car and didn't go well with the red valve cover.

Just about have the rebuilt console ready to go in. The one from the red car had a couple of cracks so I redid one for this car...

Thanks for your continued interest.
                      Cool, where did that console come from?
                      Jack Byrd,
                      1991 Capri
                      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                      1970 Chev C10
                      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• The console is stock Festiva with the cup holder assembly coming out of an early Protege. I cut down the internal box of the Festiva console so that the cup holder could fit in. There was a thread a long time ago done by forum member monkeyracing but don't know if that is still around.
                        Last edited by fastivaca; 05-01-2016, 11:03 AM.
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Thanks, I got a cup holder from a Taurus, but it looked like it would be in the way.
                          Jack Byrd,
                          1991 Capri
                          1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                          1970 Chev C10
                          1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• How well does the strut tower brace work?
                            1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                            1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                            1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                            19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                            1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                              How well does the strut tower brace work?
                              Can't really say it improves handling by any quantifiable amount but it does "feel" better than running without it.
                              Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Finally some good news.... we have spark. Not sure what I did but apparently unplugging stuff then plugging it back in works wonders. Still not starting so we're thinking the injectors might be really dirty and not opening... they have been sitting for four or more years. Going to pull the injectors now, give them a good clean and then see what happens. Hopefully we'll be making noise very soon.

Ian
                                Ian
                                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X