No announcement yet.

Ian's B6T Festiva build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been plugging away on the project and can see the end!

Some little updates. My solutions may not be as elegant as Charlie's but they should work....

Pipe run directly from compressor to intake, no intercooler, water/meth injection to come...

Aspire thermostat housing...

Slim fan installed...

Exhaust is almost together as well.
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• What size nozzle are you looking at

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bhearts View Post
        What size nozzle are you looking at

I'll be running smallest nozzle I could get from AEM. Not sure on the specs.
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

• If I was running that fine of a nozzle, I would spray pre turbo. That will help out your temps alot if your turbo is a touch undersized, or no intercooler.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhearts View Post
            If I was running that fine of a nozzle, I would spray pre turbo. That will help out your temps alot if your turbo is a touch undersized, or no intercooler.

I'm going to follow Charlie's lead and have just after the turbo but spraying towards it. He has a photo of the little manifold he fabbed up in the Tweak's rebuild thread.
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Quick question... does the air bypass valve have to mounted horizontally?

Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Not to my knowledge it has a spring in there

Comment

• Looking more like a car again! Exhaust will be finished this afternoon!

Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Did you do the core support mod?
                    1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                    1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                    1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                    19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                    1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemounlio View Post
                      Did you do the core support mod?
                      Not at this time. The car isn't going to see any track time so I'm not too worried about it. Running the stock transmission as well.
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• I hope to start my install soon!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                        1990 (LUCIFER 2.0) fully built BP+T with E153, Fueltech FT500, traction control with hopes of 600hp (i drank to much of the KOOL-AID)
                        1990 OverKILL BP+T, evo ecu system, coilovers, aspire brakes, full advanced suspension, Garrett! The Autocross toy!
                        1989 (BRITSTIVA 1.0) B6T and sold
                        19?? 150$ burnout car SOLD
                        1991 (STRESS RELIEF)SOLD

Comment

• Like Clay said, the valve can be mounted in any position, just don't plumb it backwards. It'll still work, but be more prone to leaking.
                          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Water meth injection components installed. Pump looks like it was meant to be there!

Nozzle installed. ..

Washer bottle modified to serve double duty...

The black plug you can see is the level indicator for the injection system. The outlet for that is underneath. The hose is routed along the back of the bumper beam to the pump on the other side. Just have run the wiring and boost line.

The plan for the rest of the day is to finish the exhaust, get the brakes bled and finish up underneath the car.
                            Last edited by fastivaca; 04-09-2016, 03:36 PM.
                            Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Getting closer....

Ian
                              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Love the bumper, what's that off of?
                                Jack Byrd,
                                1991 Capri
                                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                                1970 Chev C10
                                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

Working...
                                X