No announcement yet.

Ian's B6T Festiva build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! You beat flat rate. I am anxiously awaiting the results to this experiment.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• That must have been a red bull not a beer, Ian, that was seriously fast between the two posts for getting the T re-installed. You sure did beat flat rate, and better!
      Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
      Icetiva-3-race-car-build
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

• Not too sure if you can see what I mean about the inside ends of the release levers, or fingers, or whatever they're called, being almost 1/2" closer to the disc!

Here's a shot of the Spec pressure plate with the Spec disc with the release fingers pointing in towards the flywheel:

Here's the Spec pressure plate with the Exedy disc with the release fingers pointing towards the transmission:

The result was that with the thicker Spec disc the release bearing had to move an extra 1/2" to engage the fingers and then there wasn't enough room to remove pressure off the disc, the fingers would actually hit the disc!!! With the Exedy disc installed the fingers point towards the transmission and are much closer to the release bearing.

I may just contact Spec to see what they have to say.

Thanks again for the encouragement!!!
        Ian
        Calgary AB, Canada
        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Wow that spec looks like it won't have disengaged.

Comment

• Originally posted by william View Post
            Wow that spec looks like it won't have disengaged.
            That's exactly what was happening. No matter where I had the cable adjusted the clutch did not disengage. 😠
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

• A major mileatone this evening!

Took the car for a spin around the block!!!! The clutch is doing what it's supposed to do. Boost gauge works.

Still to do:

- get the tach working.
              - find an oil pressure sender I can just screw in without adaptors. I'm pretty sure I can get some from VDO.
              - driver's side front speaker isn't working, probably just came unplugged.
              - Main console to go back in along with the e-brake cover.
              - figure out why the daytime running lights aren't working.
              - aim the headlights
              - double check toe-in/out up front... it looks a little off.
              -figure out how much bump stop to put on the rear shocks
              - adjust the front coilovers as the cat is sitting a bit lower than when they were on the red car.
              - head to the car wash!

Will get some daytime photos very soon.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Nice! Must have felt good to finally be able to drive it! what was the spark problem you had earlier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanprins13 View Post
                  Nice! Must have felt good to finally be able to drive it! what was the spark problem you had earlier?

I had missed one splice in the wiring harness and to make things even more interesting I hadn't installed the fuel injectors correctly.
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Great news !! Now the fun begins , try to find time to finish it between test drives !!
                    It's really major self accomplishment .
                    Last edited by shadetree; 05-05-2016, 01:53 PM.
                    New build on the way .

Comment

• Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                      Great news !! Now the fun begins , try to find time to finish it between test drives !!
                      It's really major self accomplishment .
                      Thanks Rob. Your help was invaluable in getting things to this stage.
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• It's been a long road with a few twists and turns and changes of direction but it's finally out of the garage and into the real world....

Now comes the fine tuning.
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Man that looking amazing! well done.

Comment

• Another shot from earlier today....

Ian
                            Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• The colour and the front bumper look great!

Comment

• Man, that looks absolutely fantastic. You gotta be a proud papa. Love the wheels.
                                Jack Byrd,
                                1991 Capri
                                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                                1970 Chev C10
                                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

Working...
                                X