Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jawja jim
    replied
    Got the water line run for the hatch washer. MAJOR pita! Now I can proceed with the hatch swap.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    I thought about MADNESS!

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Past couple days the festy had been running better than usual, with smoother pickup since I dumped a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in.

Well even earlier in the day the car was running fantastic, then comes about 4pm, I head out, and while out it starts running like complete garbage. First I started it, and the idle was extremely bad, it would barely stay running, shut it off and looked under the hood and couldn't find anything loose or obvious. Then after the day was overwith, I was driving it home, and the CEL came on, but would go away after taking off from a light, and come back on after cruising for about a mile.

Got to the gas station with a quarter tank, filled up thinking maybe I put in too much fuel injector cleaner, drove it about 5 more miles to get the gas already in the line through, and get the mixed gas in the system, CEL came on during the first mile, but didn't come on after that.

I did pull 3 codes while at the gas station.

The codes pulled were the IDM, MAF, and oxygen sensor. Now how in the hell does 2 sensors fail at once? Oxygen sensor is good, it was just seeing too lean, or rich of a mixture, indicating a fault somewhere else.

I don't even know where to begin on the IDM.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 08-26-2014, 01:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    I unstuck my throttle today.

I have a gas station .2 miles down the road, and like a bat-outta-hell, to the house I went. Thought it felt funny shifting into 2nd and 3rd (felt like a full throttle shift) and when I let off it kept going. EEEK!!! Never happened to me before but like a good driver I kept calm (being 40 helps). While clutching in and out to keep rpm in check and to not gain anymore speed I kept hitting the throttle to unstick it. NOPE. By now i'm seeing my driveway fly by. So I hit the key and slow to a stop. Pull hood and check it out.

The other day I had to remove all the intake ducts and such to fix a fuel line leak at the fuel rail. Put a new clamp on to fix it. No prying or bending of anything. I have even had a few short full throttle sessions since (so I thought). Well the problem was the fuel rail inlet was bent up a bit into the throttle linkage. OOOPS!! Luckily I live on a State Route that is currently closed for bridgework and there was zero traffic. Glad it was only 120 horsepower with a slightly slipping clutch.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    013.jpg012.jpgPics

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Rebuilt an Aspire hub with Timken bearings and National seals...

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Pics Gary

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Put my new AR Estrella center caps on this morning.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    I still remember when I bought my Festy, my father comes home from work and asks. "Who's half-of-a-car is that sitting in the driveway?" lol

Leave a comment:

• burundon
    replied
    no ac, 91 don't know much else about it yet.

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Originally posted by burundon View Post
    I bought mine today. so excited, wife thinks i am crazy.
    All our wives/GF think we're crazy, unless they own one too!

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    welcomsign
    I've been to the Alamo
    Does your Festiva have A/C?

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    Originally posted by burundon View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

Leave a comment:

• burundon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Cranked the boost.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X