Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eurotiva
    replied
    ^ nice, painted some bumpers and adjusted carb

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    Hit 5 grand this morning on the way to work. Breaking in the rebuilt BP.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by bhearts View Post
    when I get bored I make intake manifolds for my cars.
    WOW.....:tearyeyed:...(because mine looks so bad)

Leave a comment:

• DJLS7
    replied
    woop

festiva 3.jpgfestiva 1.jpgfestiva 2.jpgi know its a crappy job but at least it is now one-2 colors! spray paint job! 10$

Leave a comment:

• bhearts
    replied
    when I get bored I make intake manifolds for my cars.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Replaced the front strut assemblies on Bessie (330,000 Plus miles) with ones that look like new.
    They came from a low miles Festiva that I found at LKQ last year.
    Sits slightly higher in the front now and there is a noticeable difference in the ride and handling.

Also replaced the brake line clips with stainless steel ones that I got from bravekozak last year.
    (I'm in the South so the old ones were only slightly rusted.)
    Last edited by 1990new; 09-03-2014, 08:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jason_
    replied
    Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
    So , What did you do to your Festiva ?
    Originally posted by jason_ View Post
    Walked away from the aspire/festiva scene.

Baby on the way, needed something more family appropriate.
    And if I was to make a car payment, no matter the cost, I wanted the same milage.

2009 Jetta sportwagen, tdi 6sp manual. 46mpg rolling on 4400#.

Scored it for $8200, put down 3500, financed the rest, 4 year , $140/month.

1 check is almost a year of payment. Heh.

I do have everything yet, 5 cars, 4 or 5 engines, few roller heads, 4 gearboxes, ignition and drive train, wheels, etc etc , that Frankenstein head mill job, that still runs strong to this day, and lot of extra stuff. Blah blah.

When I get a inventieoru of things I'll get a feeler posted.

Don't worry fellow aspire and festvia'ers I won't let the treasures get pancaked.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Leave a comment:

• DJLS7
    replied
    nothing to the car yet i plan on spraying it dark blue and steelies ice white. i was going to keep it red

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by sketchman View Post
    My first motorized bike ride was on pavement. It was a DIY thing, but would do 35mph and that was just sprocket limited. Anyway, the first time I rode it the rear sprocket locked up and thus the rear wheel locked up, and I was going downhill, on wet pavement. And when that happens, 35 is fast enough.

Tail came out and turned very sideways. Maybe it helped that I had always been in the dirt before that on pedal bikes. Maybe it depends on the person too, and the fact it was such a light weight thing. IDK. I didn't lay it down. Slid all the way down the hill sideways straightened it out and stopped.

So practice in the dirt first at least? Maybe it'll help.
    Yeah, I have ridden mountain bikes in the past quite allot before I was able to drive. Rode both on, and off pavement, for whatever that is worth for road bikes.

I know I am probably going to have a few spills, but that is why you wear protective gear, and ride a cheap used sport bike.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    Ahem. I do think it is 1342 when facing the disty, CCW
    Yeah.. then I typed it up pictorially. Going counter clockwise from one, the order is correct.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Originally posted by jason_ View Post
    Oh, sorry. Wasn't aware dnr prohibits riding on state land/trails in Ohio. I do all my playing around on desginated orv routes. I hate beach sand, that's a paddle tire thing for best results.

So , What did you do to your Festiva ?

Leave a comment:

• jason_
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    I understand what you are saying. But I kinda live in the middle of Ohio, hundreds of miles away from the nearest beach.
    Oh, sorry. Wasn't aware dnr prohibits riding on state land/trails in Ohio. I do all my playing around on desginated orv routes. I hate beach sand, that's a paddle tire thing for best results.

Last edited by jason_; 09-03-2014, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    I understand what you are saying. But I kinda live in the middle of Ohio, hundreds of miles away from the nearest beach.
    My first motorized bike ride was on pavement. It was a DIY thing, but would do 35mph and that was just sprocket limited. Anyway, the first time I rode it the rear sprocket locked up and thus the rear wheel locked up, and I was going downhill, on wet pavement. And when that happens, 35 is fast enough.

Tail came out and turned very sideways. Maybe it helped that I had always been in the dirt before that on pedal bikes. Maybe it depends on the person too, and the fact it was such a light weight thing. IDK. I didn't lay it down. Slid all the way down the hill sideways straightened it out and stopped.

So practice in the dirt first at least? Maybe it'll help.
    Last edited by sketchman; 09-03-2014, 05:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by crazyrog17 View Post
    You removed and replaced the distributor. Have you double checked the firing order? 1342 ccw from 1 (closest to your face standing in front of the car.

From the driver's side fender view
    1 2
    3 4
    Ahem. I do think it is 1342 when facing the disty, CCW

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Originally posted by txranger14 View Post
    put my distributor back in, replaced thermostat, radiator and alternator belt. still wont idle right..
    You removed and replaced the distributor. Have you double checked the firing order? 1342 ccw from 1 (closest to your face standing in front of the car.

From the driver's side fender view
    1 2
    3 4

Leave a comment:

Working...
X