Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gauge_half_inch View Post
    Installed my rfl bov today and adjusted it.
    Rfl bov:headbang:
    91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
    14 C7 Z51

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
      Rfl bov:headbang:
      By the way, it sounds amazing!
      Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
      93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
      91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
      93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
      15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
      88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Put on the snow tires, did an oil change and cleaned up the air filter.

Mike and I also took a transmission out of a 2001 Honda Accord. I don't know what Honda was thinking throwing in all of that useless wiring

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
        -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

• Put my snow tires on as well. Hankook Winter I-Pikes, 155-80-13 on Aspire steelies with Neos wheel covers.
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Did some more sanding and body work. Got the trans cleaned up. Had to tend to my daily more another week down. Sigh...
            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Fixed my fuel sender to pick up all the fuel in the tank, and removes about 10 degrees of camber so I don't feather my tires to death.
              Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
              1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
              2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
              2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• I completed my BP swap today and I LOVE IT!
                93 festy bp swap f series trans.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmiller123 View Post
                  I completed my BP swap today and I LOVE IT!
                  Nice job! Where you keep gettin these bp's from lol!? that's your 3rd one isn't it?! you sold 2 in the fs forums right?

I got fed up with being sick for a minute and went out and did as much as I could on my car, sanding out surface rust that formed since my last sanding, and spraying some 2n1 primer/sealer on it.. I am to the stage it's time to deal with this crap.. but I'm not sure what to do exactly, use my grinder till it's all shiny metal on the outside, and bondo/fill it, or if I should invest in that Mig welder I've been wanting and cut it out and put new galvanized sheet metal in and maybe replace a section of the piece that hangs down? This was one of the primary reasons I decided to paint, this winter/salt would have made these rust spots way bigger...

2 spots here, this one is right below the rear of the driver door..

and this one is about 6" in front of the rear driver side wheel well

2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                  1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                  1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                  1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                  1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                  1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                  1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                  1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

• Drove it to work speedo quit working at 6661 miles
                    1991 Festiva B8 swap, gutted, otherwise stock-9.88@70

1974 MaverickLSX powered - 7.08@94

Comment

• Well I did this stuff yesterday...

Got it into the garage for the winter:

Got the rear swing arm removed rather easily with my air impact... that and the lack of rust helped a lot! Got all of that stuff out of the way to make room for this:

(note it's upside down in this pic)

Got it under the car and jacked it up... spare tire hump has to be cut out... I was hoping not to have to do that, but the car will sit a good 8" higher than stock if I don't remove it...

It seems like such a shame to cut out such a clean spare tire hump... That's dirt in the pic, not even a speck of rust...

My grinder was DOA yesterday so I need to go talk to tractor supply about that... less than 2 months old too, used it 3 times...

I've got a pretty good idea of what to use for the sub frame to mount the rear end as well... Just need to get some materials and fire up the welder!
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Charie1717, that car I need to pickup from you, it already has the spare tire well cut out does it not?
                        IIRC it also was rust free.
                        No engine or tranny either!

Nerd, do you need an engine an tranny for this?
                        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                        '92 Aqua parts Car
                        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                        Your holy ghost will not save you.
                        Your God plutonium will not save you.
                        In fact...
                        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
                          Charie1717, that car I need to pickup from you, it already has the spare tire well cut out does it not?
                          IIRC it also was rust free.
                          No engine or tranny either!

Nerd, do you need an engine an tranny for this?
                          Yes sir to all of the above. Rust free roller shell. No engine no trans and spare tire well is cut out.
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                          The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

• I do not need an engine or trans, I have the USDM 4wd trans out of my protege and I have a BP located to mate up. I was going to use the B3 for mockup purposes only.

details on the other shell? I would have ideally liked to do this to an aspire but a suitable donor has not made itself present...
                            Last edited by Nerd Racing; 11-07-2011, 06:32 PM.
                            89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                            94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                            2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                            1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• Charlie1717, if you would PM Nerd anything he wants concerning your car I'd appreciate it.
                              Nerd, I'd be willing to swap you the car Charlie has, if it acceptable to you, what shape is the silver one in running wise or is it?
                              If we can come to some accommodation, I will tow the car Charlie1717 has to you and pickup yours> what time frame are you looking at?

We might want to take this to PM's to keep the thread somewhat clean.
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• i got my safety today!

got my safety today after repairing the daytime running lights,patching a hole in the subframe,changing a ball joint and patching the muffler,should be on the road soon
                                Stock 92 5speed,14"wheels,drls ha,cat deleted,bigger pipe,stock muffler.
                                Navy w/blue metalflake and 3 spoke chromies,185/60/14
                                Debadged

Comment

Working...
                                X