Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skimsucka
    replied
    Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
    Nice car Skim!
    Thanks fred!

Originally posted by 501Dezz19 View Post
    Today i got Zippys Rack re-built wheel bearings replaced and a front end alignment done. Also, i got some new Falken tires and cleaned up the engine bay.[ATTACH=CONFIG]15530[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15529[/ATTACH]

Nice Day of work dustin!
    Last edited by skimsucka; 05-10-2014, 02:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 501Dezz19
    replied
    Today i got Zippys Rack re-built wheel bearings replaced and a front end alignment done. Also, i got some new Falken tires and cleaned up the engine bay.IMG_20140508_095611.jpgIMG_20140510_132656.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    Nice car Skim!

Leave a comment:

• skimsucka
    replied
    Gave her a wash inside and out !

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    What silencer? Are you talking about the reed valve assembly on a carb car?
    No what I believe he is talking about is the resonator chamber that is supposed to help quiet the intake noise, although I noticed no difference with or without it. Only on FI cars.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Shadow still had one from the catalytic converter to nothing ..... it was plugged at the top ...... I guess from when someone converted it to a EFI from a carb.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Replaced the radiator & fan in Squig. Now I think I have to replace the sensor in the thermostat housing because the fan stays on all the time!!

Also took Shadow over to Germantown Muffler and had him replace the whole exhaust from the down pipe to the rear. He removed that pesky catalytic converter and put in a flex pipe.
    Last edited by muleskinner; 05-09-2014, 08:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by jhli View Post
    Pulled the silencer off the intake and plugged it.

Leave a comment:

• jhli
    replied
    Pulled the silencer off the intake and plugged it.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Put the rear struts in on Blue the other day. Had to cut out a notch in the round part of the lower end of the strut, cut the bolts on both ends and pulled the middle piece of the bolt out. Then cut the bottom end of the strut off.
    What a pain in the azz!
    New struts are on all around now and ready for some cruisen in Blue.

Leave a comment:

• txranger14
    replied
    did some more on the festiva carb swap. have to tighten one more bolt and hook the choke wire up. ordering the air cleaner tomorrow, waiting on the title to come through in the mail and get it all registered and inspected! whoop!

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Today I installed a new window channel in the right door and a new hood strut in a friends white 92 GL Festiva.
    Charged him a total of $35 including parts. He's coming back next week and I will install a new window
    channel in his left door for $20. I had ordered the channels for him in the February group order.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    The thru bolt goes through the other way around (so you have to remove the pass side wheel to tighten it) a bit of clearance is needed to get the bigger adjusting bolt through the upper mounting bracket and a bigger eye connector for ground. Even the pulley diameter looks the same but has an extra groove...oh yeah I have an aspire motor so its already got a serp belt lol...probably the belts trying to jump in that groove is why its still chirping.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Actually now that I think about it, jack (from OMC) was gunna put a KL alt on his BP after a pulley swap, so it should bolt to a B3 fine

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    The probe alt has a different pulley, not sure about mounting points though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X