Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• geoacuraisuzu
    replied
    I went to a local junkyard here in El Paso and got an 89 festiva grill, an aspire rear axle, newer valve cover and fuel pressure regulator for my BP and a few other odds and ends plus the speedometer housing I needed for my 82 toyota cressida 20140503_120123.jpg 20140503_110629.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    What do you mean rewired the headlight wire? My headlight connector tab broke, so I popped the terminals out of a junkyard connector and my bad one, Dremel wire wheeled them, and popped them back in.
    I hope you didn't cut the wire.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Tuned up Shadow today. New spark plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. It has been stalling out a lot lately & running to low on the idle. It runs like a champ again.

I also re-wired the headlight wire. My Headlights were turning off on there own while I was driving.

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    Put another speedo cable in mine. Skimsucka hooked it up! Thanks Rj.

Leave a comment:

• Tommychu
    replied
    Yeah this thing is just a plastic plate the same size as a Mazda dizzy with a fingertip-sized nub in it for the pickup, and two wires coming out. The holes aren't slotted like DIS Miata sensor either, since timing is 100% computer controlled anyway.
    Last edited by Tommychu; 04-29-2014, 08:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    ^Even the Japs used that design. The Miata uses a CAS in the dizzy hole. It outs the same CAS signal as the EFI Festiva dizzy plus another one for the ECU to pick which coil to fire.

EDIT: Sorry. Different design. I assumed.
    Last edited by sketchman; 04-29-2014, 08:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tommychu
    replied
    Laughed at the Chris/Gary drama
    Then I picked my FE head up from the machine shop. Uuuuugh, labor was only a couple C-notes short of a new one from Kia. Oh well it was still cheaper and now I've got a tiny bit higher CR.
    Also, despite having a longitudinal layout and a much bigger engine bay, pulling the head is significantly harder than in a Festiva. The heater pipe runs across the intake side on the Sportage F-block instead of the exhaust side (which like the B is wiiiiide open) and they piled the battery, charcoal can, washer reservoir and main fusebox all into a somewhat small area, which also happens to be the area my arm needs to occupy to get at the lower intake bolts. And access to those are blocked by that heater pipe which is held on by, you guessed it, the very same intake bolts.
    At least I'll know my way around this engine really well when I go to pile it into the Festy.
    A neat thing I didn't know, these things use the same cam for dizzyless and dizzy ignition, they just get use the pin that would have spun the rotor as a tone ring for the CPS pickup. Every bit as smart and cheap as a Japanese design reverse-engineered by Koreans should be.
    Last edited by Tommychu; 04-29-2014, 07:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
    Let it go man, Damkid can't help being a jerk....
    Nope I can't, thanks for noticing

Leave a comment:

• Aaronbrook37
    replied
    Sold my old daily driver, which was a bone stock 89 LX Automatic. Driving the B6T full-time again for now.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    How do you go about testing the ICM?
    I threw mine in the garbage and got a msd blaster coil lol
    Last edited by defprun; 04-28-2014, 10:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Sounds like this thread is off topic....I didn't do anything to my Festiva today, but I will

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by jawbraeka View Post
    But you said you thought it might be a problem?

All good by man.. Sorry it happened to the better man in this situation..

I was only giving feedback cause I'd be shattered if it were me.. Spending all that money on a bumper to have that happen.. I'd be pissed actually.

Sent from the depths of hell.
    Let it go man, Damkid can't help being a jerk....

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by defprun View Post
    Yeah that. Lol.

Suppose I should check out your thread.
    How do you go about testing the ICM?

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Yeah that. Lol.

Suppose I should check out your thread.
    Last edited by defprun; 04-28-2014, 04:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by defprun View Post
    I was having that problem, sometimes the car wouldnt start. Vapor lock?

How's your ignitor?
    I assume you are talking about the ICM?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X