Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    You are supposed to power tune your car for the highest possible vacuum reading at idle. Start tuning. Set your timing, then adjust your fuel ratio first and see what happens. As long as the vacuum increases, then you are good. If it starts to go down, then stop.
    Air/Fuel ratio screw is the screw on the top on the intake correct?

Also I filled up the tank today. With about just under half the tank going to highway driving, I averaged 35.5 MPG.

I also grabbed a compression tester from work and will be doing that tomorrow since I have never tested this engine yet.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    You are supposed to power tune your car for the highest possible vacuum reading at idle. Start tuning. Set your timing, then adjust your fuel ratio first and see what happens. As long as the vacuum increases, then you are good. If it starts to go down, then stop.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 02-04-2014, 08:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    I now noticed something else. During the first 5 min of driving after a cold start, there is no jumpy needle at all, but still low readings on idle, about 12 inches of vacuum. Could it be timing? I still haven't timed the engine since changing the water pump and timing belt.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    I do have a thick walled, non-collapsable hose, it came with the gauge.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    You need thick-walled, non-collapsable hose that is designed for vacuum. Ferrules would be required for a good connection.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 02-04-2014, 09:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    Torque...how did you route your air line? i messed mine up and it just ran lower than normal going up and down some as the nylon kinked. its an autometer, it didnt do what yours does at all.
    I passed it through next to the speedo cable.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Torque...how did you route your air line? i messed mine up and it just ran lower than normal going up and down some as the nylon kinked. its an autometer, it didnt do what yours does at all.

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    Almost got the engine tranny pulled. gettin close to mocking up some mounts.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPVVFryvhAA

Sorry for the shaky camera.
    Oh, one of THOSE gauges! LOL! I am betting it needs to be returned.

I was thinking along the lines of one of these, which wouldn't be bad to calibrate yours...

Leave a comment:

• jawbraeka
    replied
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPVVFryvhAA

You could do a harlem shake video for this gauge.

sent from the depths of hell.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    That gauge gave me a headache after watching it for about twenty seconds. I have never before seen a needle jump so fast that much in vacuum.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 02-03-2014, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Leave a comment:

• jawbraeka
    replied
    I got it to work. But I have no idea if it is working properly, or if my engine is showing some bad signs. Because it idles at about 8-10 inches of vacuum (Supposed to be around 14), but it does fall normally on throttle blip, but as soon as there is any load on the engine, like acceleration, the needle vibrates violently, with about 2k rpms it vibrates violently between 15, and 0 inches of vacuum. I have a video of it, will upload it shortly.
    Sounds like a leak somewhere in the vacuum... Sorry to state the obvious.. Check all your connections and replace all hoses regarding the vacuum.

sent from the depths of hell.
    Last edited by jawbraeka; 02-03-2014, 04:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    I think I paid 20 for a decent one from advance auto 3 or 4 years ago. Analog, hasn't failed me.

I got it to work. But I have no idea if it is working properly, or if my engine is showing some bad signs. Because it idles at about 8-10 inches of vacuum (Supposed to be around 14), but it does fall normally on throttle blip, but as soon as there is any load on the engine, like acceleration, the needle vibrates violently, with about 2k rpms it vibrates violently between 15, and 0 inches of vacuum. I have a video of it, will upload it shortly.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 02-03-2014, 04:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Got the $15 vacuum gauge from ebay, got it all hooked up, and low and behold the POS doesn't work.
    Lights up, and the needle only moved to the 10 mark upon startup, and got stuck there, dropped maybe a hair once the engine was shut off.
    I think I paid 20 for a decent one from advance auto 3 or 4 years ago. Analog, hasn't failed me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X