Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Got the $15 vacuum gauge from ebay, got it all hooked up, and low and behold the POS doesn't work.
    Lights up, and the needle only moved to the 10 mark upon startup, and got stuck there, dropped maybe a hair once the engine was shut off.

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    Since the weather finally broke, I was hoping to get back out into the garage and start work on the car again. I actually made it to my toolbox and had a 10mm socket and ratchet in my hand to start tearing into the engine bay. But the kid's homework called and that was that. Darn-it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Drove about 150 miles.
    Have the upper and lower grilles, and completely blocked off, so it ran a tad hot at highway speeds, but the furthest it got was maybe 3/4 up the gauge, and that was when I turned the heater off cause it got real toasty inside the car. lol
    I did notice my dash lights dim when the cooling fan kicked on, even though I was running between 2.5k and 3k rpms.

But yeah, reason for the trip was that something was wrong with the heads on my brother 99' malibu (valve trouble), so he picked up a pair of heads off craigslist for $25.

Leave a comment:

• Gomez
    replied
    Originally posted by william View Post
    I'm moving south lol
    I have been saying the same thing for a while now, but the wife says NO!!!

Canada is warmer this time of year. At least this year, this January, with this polar freeze, maybe moving North is better. LOL
    Last edited by Gomez; 01-28-2014, 08:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    Left work tonight 7° .
    plastic is very I repeat VERY brital at 7 °
    my seat belt receiver busted sending little bits of plastic down in its self locking the push button down.
    and now my seat belt wont latch
    I'm moving south lol

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    After I left work last night (and finally got home) I should have added to my "what did I do" post that I.....ran out of gas.

Stupid gas gauge!!!!!!! :gritteeth: :gritteeth: :gritteeth:

It works for about the top 1/3 of the tank-full and then drops to "E". I track the miles but forgot to factor in warming up/idle time sitting in my driveway on these cold Oklahoma winter mornings.
    Last edited by Twistiva; 01-28-2014, 07:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jason_
    replied
    Replaced stator. Cracked. $15.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Ordered a Vacuum gauge from ebay to help me adjust my driving habits to maximize MPGs.

Because for some reason no McAutoparts stores carry them. They carry boost gauges that also read vacuum, but no sense in that when I don't have need for the boost portion. Plus I save money this way.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Bought a nice looking "U"-shaped front manual seat belt receptacle on e-Bay plus brand new (NOS) "FORD" and "Festiva" emblems for the rear hatch.

(BTW, the seatbelt receptacle was black. I've never heard of black before, just the standard gray or brown. Anybody seen a black one before? And, no, it's not painted. Weird.)

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    One of the hose clamps on my heater core failed. The worm screw was completely missing, and just the metal band was hanging from the hose.

Also going to back flush the heater core today, see if I can't get this heater to work better. Since I have seen people claim they start getting heat once the needle comes off its resting position. Not on mine, I don't start getting heat until it reaches the low mark of the normal range, and don't get "good" heat until it is a decent ways into the normal range, and even then it isn't as hot as it should be.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 01-27-2014, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Replaced master cylinder, bled brakes.

The '89 is alive again. woot woot. Now to go take a nap.

Leave a comment:

• jason_
    replied
    Originally posted by jason_ View Post
    On the way to grab the truck to push snow, car was biting serious drifts, now my charge light is really bright when idling, dimly lit when revved in operating range.

Think I smoked the windings? It turns and doesn't slip.

No issues. Snow in windings. About to loose a bearing though. She's rough.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Could be the rear brakes, but with the ebrake off, and out of gear it still rolls on the very slightest of uneven ground, so I doubt it is a brake problem.

I do need to adjust the timing since doing the timing belt when I had the water pump changed probably has thrown it off.

I am also trying Shell gas now to see if there is any improvement over Speedway gas. (Local chain owned by Marathon now)
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 01-25-2014, 03:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    Stuck the plate tabs on our 3 Festivas and put the registration and insurance cards in the glove boxes

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Fueled up. 30MPG. bleh
    Checked for sticking brakes recently? The '89 calipers were rusted pretty good a few days ago. Been getting 31MPG when I know it should be better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X