Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advancedynamix
    replied

Put hood struts and a passenger side mirror on Pedro. Its 115 degrees in my garage, so I think I sweat off 10 lbs while working on the car. This will more than make up for the added weight of my spiffy new accessories.
    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 06-20-2015, 08:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Installed new rear wheel bearings.
    Ahhh... quite.

Leave a comment:

• sactnato
    replied
    Installed the spoiler I got from Blacklabels...
    photo.jpg

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    I was in WV today to pick up a transmission for my Capri. Wardensville. They had a 90 something Festiva, but it was pretty much stripped.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Washed it.

Need. Moar. Lowz.

Leave a comment:

• ottoparts
    replied
    I put in my tach gauge cluster.
    I was not expecting it to have a "lights on" bell.
    Thanks to Blacklabels for hooking me up.

20150613_161158_resized.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Got my hub rings. Going to go ahead and install them.

Also going to install my new brake pads and stop using the junkyard ones. lol
    Brake pads installed, and hub rings installed, and the hub rings made a world of difference. What was nearly unbearable, is nearly non-existant. There is still a little vibration there, but the tires probably need to be balanced again, but compared to before, it is night and day.

So anyone who is thinking of buying aftermarket wheels, get the proper hubrings. Most aftermarket wheels have a center bore of 73.1mm, at least that is the most widely used. The Festiva bore (inner bore size of the hub rings) is 59.6mm, Aspire/Rio swap is 54.1mm.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    It all works good. You could probably run ANYTHING but gl-5 transmission oil in a festy transmission and it will run just fine. Lol

I've even heard of people on here using Mobil 1 European synthetic motor oil. I forget the actual weight.
    That was me. 0w-40.

It was a little rough as it cleaned off whatever was on the syncros before I drained it, but now it's smooth as butter. Cold or hot. I love the stuff.
    Last edited by sketchman; 06-11-2015, 04:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Got my hub rings. Going to go ahead and install them.

Also going to install my new brake pads and stop using the junkyard ones. lol

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    I always make sure to center my spacers when I install my wheels on the rear of the car. Makes it easier when you have studs already in the hub.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Ordered some new hub rings to fit the Aspire/Rio Swap. Didn't realize how much of a difference they made.

Been running the Aspire swap in the rear for more than half a year now without hubrings and never noticed any vibration from the rear, but as soon as I finished the Rio swap on the front this past week, and had to ditch the Festiva sized hub rings the vibration is noticeable as low at 45-50mph on the front wheels, and doesn't go away even when up to 85MPH.

Just ordered the cheaper Polycarbonite rings, since they seem to be just as good as the anodized aluminium ones which cost twice as much, just more prone to melting on extreme heat from race conditions, even then people said they never had a problem using them on the track.

Leave a comment:

• avitsefdrof
    replied
    /\oops

Leave a comment:

• avitsefdrof
    replied
    88lx

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Nice! What are you going to do with the 88?
    I'm pretty much giving it to someone at work.....its a cool little car....I didn't even know 88s had 5 speeds....thought they were all 4 speeds.....bought from the original family....its got tach, tilt, power mirrors, of course nice interior, but not now.....oh, intermittent wipers.....little console all in great shape....can't believe the seats have 260k on them.....just need a good cleaning and wah lah......not a bad interior...I'm left with a cigarette hole in the back seat/split by the way and a normal wear/tear on the driver side by the mechanism....I think they all do that. I'm very happy....

Leave a comment:

• avitsefdrof
    replied
    Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
    Nice! What are you going to do with the 88?
    I'm pretty much giving it to someone at work.....its a cool little car....I didn't even know 88s had 5 speeds....thought they were all 4 speeds.....bought from the original family....its got tach, tilt, power mirrors, of course nice interior, but not now.....oh, intermittent wipers.....little console all in great shape....can't believe the seats have 260k on them.....just need a good cleaning and wah lah......not a bad interior...I'm left with a cigarette hole in the back seat/split by the way and a normal wear/tear on the driver side by the mechanism....I think they all do that. I'm very happy....

Leave a comment:

• Hecka
    replied
    Replaced the old worn out stock struts front and back with KYB GR-2's and put my passenger seats back in. Rides sooooooo nice now.

This is what it cost me.
    KYB GR-2 GAS DAMPER (EACH)
    1 In Stock $41.00 $41.00
    1 In Stock $41.00 $41.00
    2 In Stock $42.00 $84.00
    KYB STRUT BOOT (EACH)
    2 In Stock $15.00 $30.00
    KYB STRUT BOOT (EACH)
    2 In Stock $16.00 $32.00
    KYB STRUT/SHOCK MOUNT (EACH)