Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freshtiva
    replied
    Originally posted by sc72 View Post
    I figure before this goes any further you should know that these tires are BALD I mean there is air in the tires but I have no idea what is keeping it in there, 3 out of 4 wheels are very nice but one has rash in 2 places, so in the spirit of full disclosure, now you know the rest of the story. Yes that would be it and no nothing else would be needed to sweeten the deal.
    what size are the wheels? Festiva pattern or aspire ?

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    Hm, Hello Fresh, yes there is something special I would trade for and good to hear from you, how is the building refurbishing coming along.
    I figure before this goes any further you should know that these tires are BALD I mean there is air in the tires but I have no idea what is keeping it in there, 3 out of 4 wheels are very nice but one has rash in 2 places, so in the spirit of full disclosure, now you know the rest of the story. Yes that would be it and no nothing else would be needed to sweeten the deal.
    Last edited by sc72; 12-02-2013, 11:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    The two smaller buildings were demolished after closer inspection.? Ive been reinforcing a barn now. the upright poles holding up the barn are rotting at ground level. They are about six foot deep and someone drove huge nails into the post prior to pouring concrete in. Its been a real bitch getting them out. The same person has a 40' x 60' barn that needs an overhaul. We will probably start on it before long. You kind of have to pick your days this time of year. I dug out the factory cruise control today while cleaning up the shop, Would that be special enough, if not I might add some cash depending on the wheels condition.

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
    Id like some rims like that, You want to trade for something Karl ?
    Hm, Hello Fresh, yes there is something special I would trade for and good to hear from you, how is the building refurbishing coming along.

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Looking good man! Surprised those tires even fit on there! Guess your subtle lift helps! Glad they are getting put to good use!
    Id like some rims like that, You want to trade for something Karl ?

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Bought some OZ rims from Prafeston at the Herman meet, all I need now is some new skins.

Looking good man! Surprised those tires even fit on there! Guess your subtle lift helps! Glad they are getting put to good use!

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Swapped in Ford Probe shifter throw is nice and short now. More info on my aapire swap thread.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    I was actually thinking of doing a red strip on the bumpers since I do have a can on red paint. not sure how well the side trim will look red, will have to play with it in a photoshop like program see if it looks good.

I have thought of doing the whole car in bed-liner. (Minus anything plastic)

I didn't rough it up at all. I really should have though, but I am always impatient, so I just cleaned it. If it peels again I will just get a power sander and get it all back down to plastic then repaint it.
    When painting anything, always rough it up. On plastic, you can apply an adhesion promoter which helps tremendously. One such product is called Bull Dog. I agree with Brave, wide pin stripe tape is the way to go. There are side trim panels on XL's that had a stripe that lined up with the panel in the bumper. Looks great and get those wheels.

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Decorated the roof rack and cab antenna to wake up and have to shovel the thing out...stay warm...

Blurry pic, but you get the idea.

-James

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Bought some OZ rims from Prafeston at the Herman meet, all I need now is some new skins.

Really nice. Like...:thumbs_up:

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Drove mine 140 miles to rescue another. Thought it was a dizzy, turned out to be timing belt....bummer, another trip tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied

And a bit of a drop in height.

-James

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Did passenger side-only completely 100% new brakes on the '89. Shoes, drums, wheel cylinder, wheel bearings, nut, hardware. Got started too late to do both sides. Awaiting tomorrow's sunlight.

No more leaking brakes! Wooooooohooooooo. Pedal felt strong after a quick bleed (just that one wheel, will do 4-wheel after I do the other side).

-Joe

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Man I so want to put aftermarket wheels on mine. But I just don't think it is worth it by making it a theft target.

Lock nuts don't help that any, since that just ends up getting you a busted window since they know you are going to have the key for them somewhere in the car. Because you would be SOL if you got a flat.
    People generally don't mess with cars like they used to. And like you said, if they want in, they'll get in. Whether there's a key or not, theyll get it started somehow.
    Get yourself some wheels, locknuts, and a flashing red or blue led device that would make them think you have security. My Kenwood head unit acts as this for Mr when I remove the faceplate. But the more I think about it, it'd be hard to steal and hide a car that stands out like mine...

-James

Leave a comment:

Working...
X