Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Man I so want to put aftermarket wheels on mine. But I just don't think it is worth it by making it a theft target.

Lock nuts don't help that any, since that just ends up getting you a busted window since they know you are going to have the key for them somewhere in the car. Because you would be SOL if you got a flat.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 11-30-2013, 04:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Sorry, the lighting outside was completely crap for taking pictures.

I love how shiny the bumper turned out.

Now time to do the front bumper after I get some more masking tape.
    Mine used to look just like this...

-James

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Torque, just use red pin stripe tape. That's what I did. No mess. Finished in ten minutes. I slowed down re & re (removing and reinstalling) the front license plate.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
    Looks good, need some red stripes in the bumpers and down the side next.

Good work.
    I was actually thinking of doing a red strip on the bumpers since I do have a can on red paint. not sure how well the side trim will look red, will have to play with it in a photoshop like program see if it looks good.

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    Id just keep going. Black festivas are rare. How much roughing up did you do on rear bumper? Its nog metal, what works without a 5 step job shops use? Mines green painted, peeling etc.
    I have thought of doing the whole car in bed-liner. (Minus anything plastic)

I didn't rough it up at all. I really should have though, but I am always impatient, so I just cleaned it. If it peels again I will just get a power sander and get it all back down to plastic then repaint it.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Id just keep going. Black festivas are rare. How much roughing up did you do on rear bumper? Its nog metal, what works without a 5 step job shops use? Mines green painted, peeling etc.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied

Looks good, need some red stripes in the bumpers and down the side next.

Good work.

Leave a comment:

• Speechless35
    replied
    Driving from work and on the way to pay the rent and my fuel pump gives out on me across the street from a Autozone store. After 30min trying to start it I walked across the street,bought a new fuel pump for $121.00+tax $145.00,walked back across the street, lifted the back seat,got my four star screw driver and 45min later,I drove off into the sunset. It was fun and cheaper then calling a tow truck to come take it to a shop and do it. Love this car. Thanks Greg. If you r reading this I called cross cheak but no biggie.
    Last edited by Speechless35; 11-30-2013, 09:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
    Haha. No bashing intended. I was asking because I've seen the roll on last a good bit longer than the spray. Unless its done professionally

-James
    Surface prep is usually the secret to all good paint jobs.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Olive oil, much more sexy.

today I added some fog lights and could not find my bad grille to hack down to make it look nice and then it got really cold. I called it quits to go play with family. while I was routingthe wires I kinked the nylon to my vacuum gauge so I sorta have to do all that over anyway no big deal

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    that sounds like another job for the Dawn quick power dissolver remember the warning do not get on paint well it works great with paint on skin because the paint really hasnt curred or anything. take it from a guy who wants results and doesn't mask festiva half the time
    Best thing I've found is putting some olive oil on a paper towel. Brings it off everything.

-James

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    that sounds like another job for the Dawn quick power dissolver remember the warning do not get on paint well it works great with paint on skin because the paint really hasnt curred or anything. take it from a guy who wants results and doesn't mask festiva half the time

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Yeah I wasn't thinking. :p

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk
    Haha. No bashing intended. I was asking because I've seen the roll on last a good bit longer than the spray. Unless its done professionally

-James

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Yeah I wasn't thinking. :p

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Painted the car below the side trim with truck bed coating, and it looks pretty damn good if I do say so myself.
    Also painted the rear bumper glossy black because the old bumper specific matte paint peeled off in allot of places.

Pics to come after I paint the front bumper. Also learned not to paint big things in the cold, the paint will run like a mofo, luckily the runs are not to bad, was mostly able to hide them with another coat over top.

I Also ruined my jacket, and possibly a pair of pants. I didn't realize how messy that truck bed coating is. Also I am going to be showing up to thanksgiving dinner with allot of it on my hands because I can't get it out.
    Did you roll it on? Or spray?
    Nastiness is expected with any paint type product.

-James

Leave a comment:

Working...
X