Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
    Cleaned up the engine bay so well I can't find the engine.:dontknow:

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/z...46/0421114.jpg
    thats clean!
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Installed new:
      Passenger & driver side axles
      radiator
      cd player

& also put the drivers side fender back on.
      2005 Cadillac CTS-V
      1995 Mustang Cobra (Turbo)
      1993 Ford Festiva (Auto) white
      1993 Ford Festiva (Auto) teal

Comment

• Installed my newly tinted window this morning Yep, window not windows... the other four are still in the basement waiting for me to find the time/motivation to tint But the passenger side quarter came out ok, not perfect, but ok. Got some dust on the film when I was working with it I guess, ended up with some imperfections but for my future pizza beater its acceptable. At any rate it will cut down on some of the light/heat during the summer hopefully, especially once baby Adyson is riding back there
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• I washed it pretty thoroughly today. I didn't know the hubcaps were shiny.
          Waxed it again too. The hood is starting to oxidize again. I may have to attack it with the rubbing compound again.
          ~Austin
          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Well I got my Festiva cylinder head all put back together. It also got a roller rocker upgrade from a 94 Aspire thanks to a piece of advice from FestyBoy. The exhaust ports got a little work too, the nasty ledges are now gone. So now I can swap heads and Twizted should be a very happy Festiva once again.

Last edited by kartracer46; 04-22-2011, 03:14 PM.
            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
            82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Looks good man! I have to do that to an '03 F250 5.4 this weekend...
              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• I installed some new seals on my rear tail lights. There was hardly anything left of the old ones.
                Rick
                1993 Ford Festiva
                1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                2000 Ford E350

Comment

• Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                  Looks good man! I have to do that to an '03 F250 5.4 this weekend...
                  Uh, Dang those have 2 to do. all I have to say is GOT BEER?
                  91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                  82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                  85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• swapped the tinted windows from the car I just bought into my DD....looks much better
                    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    There ain't no rest for the wicked
                    until we close our eyes for good.
                    I will sleep when I die!
                    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• I filled the washer fluid bottle.
                      Got the paper plate from the junkyard. Finally.
                      Went to the Mazda dealer and got the shifter bushings. They actually had them in stock, but the parts guy just gave me a funny look when I said Ford Festiva and told him to bring up a Protege parts diagram. Installed the bushings. Much improved. My shifter actually looks like its in gear now. Before it would go back to "neutral" even in gear.
                      I noticed a hole in my driver's front tire going through the tread to the steel so I rotated the tires to the back. On the way home from Dallas I started getting a vibration and loud sound. The tread is beginning to separate.

~Austin
                      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Yikes!!!!!!!
                        Buck.
                        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                          I noticed a hole in my driver's front tire going through the tread to the steel so I rotated the tires to the back. On the way home from Dallas I started getting a vibration and loud sound. The tread is beginning to separate.

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/...y/a2676684.jpg
                          You and whoever is around you WHEN that tire goes would be safer if you used the temporary/spare tire till you get a new tire(s)!
                          How old are those tires?
                          Got a production date code?
                          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                          '92 Aqua parts Car
                          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                          Your holy ghost will not save you.
                          Your God plutonium will not save you.
                          In fact...
                          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• I know. I put the spare on a few minutes ago. I noticed the separation about a mile outside of town and just drove home slow because it was about 3 in the morning.
                            There are three Signet (Sigmet? can't remember exactly.) 155R12 and one newer Douglas something or other. Anyway, the three matching tires are from the 13th week of 2004. 7 Years of sitting and baking in Texas. The (matching, other rear was the newer tire) tire that was on the rear looks like new. The front ones were kinda worn.

My spare is kinda dry and cracked and the pressure is waaay low. I'm going to have to air it up when I leave (no air compressor here).

Now I need to find some 12" tires. I've thought about 13" rims. Do they fit with the lug bolts or do you have to convert to studs and nuts? Also, could you run 13" on one axle and 12" on the other? I only ask this because I still have two good 12" tires The other old one isn't showing very much rot- only small cracks at the tread edge.
                            Last edited by Oren09; 04-23-2011, 01:42 PM.
                            ~Austin
                            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• I've checked a few tire shops around here. A mexican shop says $65/tire. Discount tire has 16 155/80R12s Khumos in stock for 61/tire. He said $297 out the door for a full set.
                              ~Austin
                              Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• .... Kumho's are an excellent tire. Your NOT going to do much better than that as far as price is concerned. Gone are the days of 27.00, 28.00 dollar tires that use to be.

Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
                                I've checked a few tire shops around here. A mexican shop says $65/tire. Discount tire has 16 155/80R12s Khumos in stock for 61/tire. He said $297 out the door for a full set.
                                Last edited by boydg1; 04-23-2011, 04:40 PM.
                                A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

Working...
                                X