Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't do it, but hubby did if that counts... got the dual thermostat in that he drove hours for, got a rad flush, and got rear brakes that it turned out weren't squealing, but it was the ebrake hanging up...... and hubby noticed an oil leak while doing the radiator
    Last edited by my03devilz; 11-12-2011, 09:43 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
      I helped someone put on the rear mount last summer....bought it for the manual but he had an auto....worked fine
      This is an 1/8" off.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
        I put a front motor/trans mount on my buddy's 89 automatic LX. Went to put on the rear trans mount. It didn't fit. too narrow. They only sell the rear mount for the manual. Anybody have a line on a rear trans mount? I'm considering trimming the trans to use the manual trans rear mount. Autozone, O'Reilly's, Advance, and napa only have the rear trans mount for the 5 speed. I also put steering rack boots on it and freed up the pass side parking brake.
        do you still have the old mount? when i pulled the motor on my auto the mount separated, we took a piece of sheet meta drilled a hole for the bolt to go through, welded the bolt to the sheet metal and wrapped it around the rubber and welded it, its now a solid mount but im sure it will work fine, and wont have to be replaced again! unfortunately i didnt get any pictures, we just did it last week too.

Comment

I put a front motor/trans mount on my buddy's 89 automatic LX. Went to put on the rear trans mount. It didn't fit. too narrow. They only sell the rear mount for the manual. Anybody have a line on a rear trans mount? I'm considering trimming the trans to use the manual trans rear mount.
          I ran into that too when I was putting Jerry back togather. Bought all ( 3) the used auto mounts I could find.

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
          put the B6T swap on hold and dropped the B3 back into my car....just have to hook up the wiring and exhaust...oh...and the axles.
          Are you serious ! You're going backwards. I hate rework,
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

• Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
            put the B6T swap on hold and dropped the B3 back into my car....just have to hook up the wiring and exhaust...oh...and the axles.
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Yeah, hating that for you willie.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

This is an 1/8" off.
                maybe the mount was boxed wrong....isn't there a difference in a Festy versus Aspire mount....I have had Aspire brakes in a Festy box before...

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                Are you serious ! You're going backwards. I hate rework,
                Not more then I do right now....but I need the car on the road for the winter and we just had our first snow....not driving the LX in the winter here...it is getting put in storage.
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• That sucks Willie, how come you couldn't get the swap finished up in time?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

• it wasnt today, but last week i finally got the short throw shifter from my ol' civic in the fes. replaced the crappy oem shifter bushings with some nice bronze ones. no more slop on either end now. topped off with a gsr shift knob i had, much more natural feeling, just a bit lower than the original. the spring was a PITA, but overall i cant believe i waited as long as i did to finally get that done.

now i just need to get the motivation to repack the rear wheel bearings, replace the drivers side axle and seal, dist. o-ring, cap, rotor, timing belt, tensioner, misc seals, and water pump that are floating around in the basement here- then i can start some fun stuff.
                    Originally posted by scirocco*joe
                    Project Car Theorem:
                    If
                    a) w = all time
                    b) x = time spent at work
                    c) y = the number of project cars you have
                    d) z = amount of time you can spend each project car

Then

z = (w - x) / y

Comment

• Not today but this week! Gotta fix the back of my red car the back tire desided to turn sideways Driving on the highway Yay fishtailing at 65mph. Next day driving on highway and blue one desided to not have brakes yay score... Need new brake lines for that yay...
                      1991 Auto Ford Festiva " Noel " <-- cuz theres No L in Festiva
                      1991 Manual Ford Festiva
                      1999 ford f-250 5.4L My gas guzzler.

Comment

• Put KYB struts on the back of mine. I didn't know that I knew that many words to call the strut to axle beam bolts.

They would have been a (insert banned word here) to get out, but a little time with a Sawzall took care of them. Afterwards, I got to play with my new MIG.

4 new Boss Audio speakers went in too.
                        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                          That sucks Willie, how come you couldn't get the swap finished up in time?
                          more parts needed then what originally thought.....car sat for a long time before I could get it to my house to pull the motor and actually start working on the swap....I was/am at the mercy of the weather not having a garage.
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          I will sleep when I die!
                          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

• Got the B3 back in and running....just need to hook up exhaust and axles....will be back on the road.
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            I will sleep when I die!

Comment

• no garage here also, but the weather isnt near as bad here. glad you got it running again, if i can help scrounge up any needed parts just lmk. danny
                              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Drove Ms. Scarlet today (90 L+, 72,000 mi, restoring at present, wife's car), and ended up driving it home without a gauge cluster. Needs continuity grease. Then, probably an LED upgrade. Pics to come, via MadScientist's 'build thread', when she starts one.
                                In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                                There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Working...
                                X