Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    Rides SOOOOO much better!! No more shaking(cept when braking), no more shimmying, smooth, quiet, etc. YAY!

Turns a lot easier now as well. HOWEVER it doesn't handle as well as it did now that I have the 145s. Hopefully it'll be a bump to my mpg though.

Sounds like some new rotors or get those turned and you'll be right as rain.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
      Sounds like some new rotors or get those turned and you'll be right as rain.
      Indeed! There's no turning these rotors though, they are BAAAAAAD Lol!!!
      Buck.
      -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
      -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
      -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Yesterday I reset my idel. Thks for al the info. ya'll!
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Changed my oil return line to something that wasn't kinked. Still waiting on money for registration.
          Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
          1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
          2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
          2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

• Trans fluid change!!
            Buck.
            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!

Comment

• But my parking brake cable snapped. D:
              Buck.

Comment

• I replaced the head gasket and the head.
                I picked up the rebuilt head, all the gaskets and fluids and such and replaced the head and gasket. Started around noonish and finished completely around 6.

I put some seafoam in the crank case because I had a blown head gasket and there was grey sludge all over my valve cover. Changing the oil tomorrow. My car smoked quite a bit for several minutes after running Seafoam through a vacuum line on the intake. Doesn't smoke at all anymore. And it has so much power! I was spinning my wheels the first hour or so because i was used to gunning a weak engine to get moving.

Only bad thing: I forgot the fuel pump mounting hole cover needs a gasket. Quite a bit of oil has leaked out of there. What is this gasket called? Is it just a fuel pump gasket and used with the cover plate? Can I use something else like RTV to make a gasket? None of the parts stores around here carry Festiva things....
                ~Austin
                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• No one did anything today?
                  Well I did. Went to two yards and checked out new arrival Festivas.
                  Didn't find anything really useful

Installed the door pockets I got awhile back.
                  Washed and waxed.. again. I think I may need to use a different brand/kind of wax.
                  Used RTV to create a gasket for the fuel pump block off plate.
                  Got an end cap for my headlight stalk.
                  ~Austin
                  Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• I moved with it, does that count?
                    Buck.

Comment

• I pulled more parts from the new brake swap.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Installed a CB radio in Junkyard Save yesterday.

Comment

• Replaced the cylinder head on Twizted yesterday, took him for a road trip to PnP today and he runs so much better. I even scored an Aspire SE cluster to boot while I was there. So Twizted is officially back and ready for the summer trips. His next stop will be the OSX picnic in PA, I was gonna take him officially to Area 241 but time is not going to permit the extra day of travel. I will locate Blue Flight Leader upon arrival to Moraine State Park.
                          Last edited by kartracer46; 04-28-2011, 01:34 PM.
                          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• Continued parting out the aspire

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Pulled the engine/trans, rear brake set up/struts/axle beam, rear seat, gas tank, interior plastics, etc etc

I plan to install the brake set up tomorrow and do my James Bond trailer hitch. Details to follow.

Comment

• guess you don't need a swap anymore, eh?
                                Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
                                http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

Comment

Working...
                                X