Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted back bumper. Just a small touch up. Nothing much.

sent from my EVO powered by Sprint using Tapatalk.
    First time owner
    89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
    Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Comment

• Yesterday, had my Falkan Azenis installed, unfortunetly Discount tire failed to see the rear tires where extremely close to the rear axle beam, on turns they would rub, i corrected the issue right away and used some washers to bring the wheel out a little further, no rubbing! tried to figure out why my car keeps breaking up around 5k rpm. we found we had the wrong rotor, it sat to low and caused a major gap between the rotor and distributor points, fixed some vacuum leaks and boost leaks. Still have the issue. turbo is spiking to 20 psi and some times i get a miss fire. i think i might go COP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
        Yesterday, had my Falkan Azenis installed, unfortunetly Discount tire failed to see the rear tires where extremely close to the rear axle beam, on turns they would rub, i corrected the issue right away and used some washers to bring the wheel out a little further, no rubbing! tried to figure out why my car keeps breaking up around 5k rpm. we found we had the wrong rotor, it sat to low and caused a major gap between the rotor and distributor points, fixed some vacuum leaks and boost leaks. Still have the issue. turbo is spiking to 20 psi and some times i get a miss fire. i think i might go COP.
        How can you tell you had the wrong rotor? This isnt a common problem is it?
        Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
          You know I am not that far away if you need some help, If nothing else get it up here and we'll take a look at it.
          I would have to tow her, but its a possiblity.
          Man should eat when he can for Man does not know when his last meal will be.

Comment

• sticky pics

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
            I dismantled a cylinder head and got it prepared to do a valve job and replace the valve seals that were as hard as hell. Cam looks good and the lobes are all within tolerance so no new cam, yea. The head is line bored and decked, so when my seals come all i have to do is lap the valves in and re-assemble the head.
            The next time kartracer does a dissmantle I will post pics or do a how to video and post it on ff or youtube,
            89 automatic festiva lx icp clown car whoop whoop
            96 jeep Cherokee sport ms daisy

Comment

• installed 2 new mouse pad gaskets on my 75$ cars tail lights no more leaky leaky
              93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
              RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
              RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

• Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
                I second this motion.

And do you HAVE to deck this and that? Is there just no way you can just remove head/ reseal/ put head back on?
                You don't have to deck the head if you know for sure its true. If you have a good eye and a good 2' level you can see if the head is ok. The line bore just proves the cam journals are true and there aren't any issues on top. My valve guides were also still very true and had minor wear. So yes you can just pull one and replace the valve seals and clean all the oil galleys up. It can be done if you don't have the resources and the money to for go the whole kit and kaboodle. Just know that there may be issues down the road, or you may be lucky and everything else is ok. It's like rolling the dice, when you do one without it being checked over.
                Last edited by kartracer46; 04-18-2011, 09:00 PM.
                91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

• I finally got my flywheel and clutch mounted up and dropped my engine back in today! Took it out to get some gas and wow, night and day difference. Good day.
                  91 L 5sp "The Silver Bullet" B6, Brake/Susp Swapped Build Thread
                  92 L 5sp "Red" RIP
                  95 Grand Prix SE DD
                  Wife's Stuff:
                  89 L 5sp "Carby Car"
                  97 Aspire auto "Pink Panther"
                  Build Thread

Spring 2013 IndyStiva:
                  http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...eet-April-20th

Comment

• installed my tinted windows back in the festy, tore the tach cluster apart and installed blue led strpis behind the eauges and for the front lighting also, so they will match my blue faces gauges (egt, afr, boost/vac, oil press, volt, water temp)

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
                    1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
                    R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
                    00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
                    03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
                    pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
                    Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
                    Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
                      installed my tinted windows back in the festy, tore the tach cluster apart and installed blue led strpis behind the eauges and for the front lighting also, so they will match my blue faces gauges (egt, afr, boost/vac, oil press, volt, water temp)
                      How does it look?
                      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
                        You don't have to deck the head if you know for sure its true. If you have a good eye and a good 2' level you can see if the head is ok. The line bore just proves the cam journals are true and there aren't any issues on top. My valve guides were also still very true and had minor wear. So yes you can just pull one and replace the valve seals and clean all the oil galleys up. It can be done if you don't have the resources and the money to for go the whole kit and kaboodle. Just know that there may be issues down the road, or you may be lucky and everything else is ok. It's like rolling the dice, when you do one without it being checked over.
                        What kinda issues down the road are we talkin? Thanks for the insight.
                        Buck.
                        -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                        -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                        -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• looks pretty good the pic dosent do justice bc its only 5 mp but its bright and i hooked it into the dimmer on the back pannel (2 screws for the front lights) i also cut the upper light slot open more to allow even light accrosed the top. if it was a white cluster it would look better but im happy with it, i just am anal and like things to match.
                          Last edited by 1988festivazoom; 04-18-2011, 10:04 PM.

00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes

sponsered by,

Comment

• Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                            Yesterday, had my Falkan Azenis installed, unfortunetly Discount tire failed to see the rear tires where extremely close to the rear axle beam, on turns they would rub, i corrected the issue right away and used some washers to bring the wheel out a little further, no rubbing! tried to figure out why my car keeps breaking up around 5k rpm. we found we had the wrong rotor, it sat to low and caused a major gap between the rotor and distributor points, fixed some vacuum leaks and boost leaks. Still have the issue. turbo is spiking to 20 psi and some times i get a miss fire. i think i might go COP.
                            are they 195-60-14? i love mine!

sponsered by,

Comment

• Do want tach!!!!!!!
                              Buck.
                              -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                              -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                              -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• yes the tires where 195 60 14. did you have any clerance issues? As for the rotor, it seems to be a common problem for me. last time i bought a rotor was at carquest and it wouldnt even fit on the dizzy. im not sure if maybe when buying the cap and rotor make sure you get the same brand so the points match up, or maybe they just dont have the right part number? the other thing we had issues with was finding a cap. My cap was broke, none of the local stores had one for a turbo 1.6, we looked at a bp one but the depeth was different. we asked if they had a N/A capri 1.6 cap, and what do you know they did! it matched up with my turbo one but was a little wider. i wonder what the difference is between the 2. the n/a one is on my car now and is working.

Comment

Working...
                                X