Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frankenfester
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Yeah, my brakes lines are getting pretty bad.

I still think Ohio probably is one of the worst states, if not THE worst state for rust. I have seen like 10 year old cars with large holes down the length of the doors from where they rusted out. Dodge Caravans seem to be the biggest problem vehicle for this, also those Caravans get wicked bad strut tower rust. My friend's girlfriend's mother's Caravan has a hole in the strut tower almost as big as my fist.
    Yeah. The northern part of north america is bad in general for rust. But so long as you keep up on checking it and washing the underneath of the car it general won't grow, unless you completely neglect it.

-James

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Yeah, my brakes lines are getting pretty bad.

I still think Ohio probably is one of the worst states, if not THE worst state for rust. I have seen like 10 year old cars with large holes down the length of the doors from where they rusted out. Dodge Caravans seem to be the biggest problem vehicle for this, also those Caravans get wicked bad strut tower rust. My friend's girlfriend's mother's Caravan has a hole in the strut tower almost as big as my fist.

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    Originally posted by defprun View Post
    Black oxide still rusts after a while so I can imagine the same would happen to red

Sent from the trash can.
    Despite the fact that it will rust over time. A few months of winter up north arent going to cause a cleanly painted surface to rust for a while imho.

Originally posted by scitzz View Post
    And yes, I think that will work fantastically. My festiva was originally from new York and it still has all those original lines and they're no where close to rusting nor were they before I painted them. That yellow will look wicked under there too! 👍

-James

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Black oxide still rusts after a while so I can imagine the same would happen to red

Sent from the trash can.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by frankenfester View Post
    This would be a good chance for you to prevent that rust if they're all newer lines. Give them even just a coat of primer. As far as I've seen overall in Canada, the cars are eat up with rust. I've precoated the bottom with some red oxide just to prevent that from happening to mine. I am however, making most of the body rusty, so it kind of defeats the purpose. It will be only surface rust though.

-James
    You think this will work?

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Leave a comment:

• frankenfester
    replied
    TIL what a pain in the butt it is to replace stock brake lines with stock brake lines on a northern Festiva
    This would be a good chance for you to prevent that rust if they're all newer lines. Give them even just a coat of primer. As far as I've seen overall in Canada, the cars are eat up with rust. I've precoated the bottom with some red oxide just to prevent that from happening to mine. I am however, making most of the body rusty, so it kind of defeats the purpose. It will be only surface rust though.

-James

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    TIL what a pain in the butt it is to replace stock brake lines with stock brake lines on a northern Festiva
    Im so glad mine are all new lol one of the reasons my aspire swap took so long, all new stuff.

Sent from the trash can.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Drove my stock Festiva.....

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Originally posted by defprun View Post
    Im sorry I spammed your phone lol

Sent from the trash can.
    All good buddy lol

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    *throws wallet* *runs*

Sent from the trash can.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    One winter I got to the Buffalo airport ahead of time for a flight to New York City, I had a big parka on and laid down for a snooze. Someone pulled up and flung their door open and hit my car with me in it. Boy they were scared when I jumped out in my huge parka. Six feet of anger in a huge winter parka. What's the big idea of smashing your door into my car like that? How much are you going to give me to fix it?
    Last edited by bravekozak; 11-09-2013, 07:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    That's why my daily-driver auto is such a beater. Come out of Big Lots and the guy in the Mustang 'accidentally' parks to where I have to enter via passenger door, because my driver's door has a single foot to open?

Whoops. I just added a small ding to my door.. and it's got a little Mustang green on it, too!

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    What did I do to (or for) my Festiva today?

Found a brand new door ding just above my left rear wheel well. So much for my flawless $2000 paint job.

:gritteeth: :nightmare: :gritteeth: :nightmare: :gritteeth: :nightmare:

I've got a pix of my Festiva taken about 10 days ago. No door ding. Today, door ding. Right down to the friggin' bare metal. No note. No phone number. No nothing. And what are the odds that some idiot smacks their door hard enough to destroy the other car's paint layer right down to the bare metal and not know what they just did? About zero....

I hate, h-a-t-e, HATE inconsiderate people!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Twistiva; 11-09-2013, 06:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Im sorry I spammed your phone lol

Sent from the trash can.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X