Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Reassembled some of the powdercoated stuff, namely the driver rear of the bay clustereff. Question- does the bottom of the ICM and/or the weird tiny tiny little box held on with one nut need to be grounded?

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Went to put the summer wheels & tires on only to discover the LCA on the left side is on its way out and the outer tie rod end on the right was also on the way out. Already replaced the tie rod end and new LCA's are on their way. I ordered Moog for each of these.

Also installed the new spacers and longer studs on the front to give me the needed wheel to strut clearance. This was documented in this thread. All that is done now and I've cranked the coilovers down a bit to lower the car for the summer.

With the spacers at each wheel the front track is now 20mm wider than before. I may install spacers on the back now to widen the rear track too. I have a pair of 4mm and a pair of 6mm spacers that I can try out. Also have a set of longer studs if I need them.

While installing the new LCAs I also plan to remove the Aspire sway bar and go back to the stock Festiva version along with all new bushings of course, Moog for the sway bar to LCA and Nolathane for the sway bar to body. I'm going to pick up another outer tie rod end as well for the left side. After all that's done I'll get it in for a proper alignment.

Leave a comment:

• defprun
    replied
    Threw the car back together after painting resealing the headlights and replacing the bulbs with some ultra bright whites

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    You need some running around town tires!

Leave a comment:

• WTFestiva
    replied
    about a week i hope, cant drive it much on those tires though

Leave a comment:

• Huli
    replied
    Bearing change #6 comes with upgrade!!!

Here's hoping!

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    It's about DANG time! When will I see it driving the streets of Rolla?

Leave a comment:

• WTFestiva
    replied
    after 3 months and multiple troubleshooting and electrical problems. the BP swap is running and running healthy.

Leave a comment:

• Larry Hampton
    replied
    Saturday I finally got the antenna installed on Thing 1. It was a bear. Instead of using a coat hanger I used the old hood release cable out of the wife's old van. Getting the cable thru the hole was a bear but getting the plastic antenna tube thru its hole was worse. Chewed thru the side of the antenna wire. Black tape fixed that. I also mounted some old 5 1/4" speakers from the Shadow on some old rear speaker panels that someone had put speaker grilles on top of. Didnt want to use my good grilles.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    [QUOTE=Pu241;589939]How much?
    Are you going to the NCstiva meet?/QUOTE]

Funny you should ask. I was just getting ready to post to NCstiva if anyone wanted it.

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

YAH!!

Leave a comment:

• bob^3
    replied
    Originally posted by Huli View Post
    Changes the rear aspire bearings for the 5th time!!!

Any suggestions?
    Keep changing them? My passenger side rear bearings on my Festiva die often as well. :/

Now with 100% more autocorrect fail!

Leave a comment:

• bob^3
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12227[/ATTACH]

Here are the prelude seats. They look really good if I do say so myself.
    Actually looks pretty slick. Better support through twisties I bet.

Now with 100% more autocorrect fail!

Leave a comment:

• Huli
    replied
    Changes the rear aspire bearings for the 5th time!!!

Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Made some progress on mine today. FINALLY got the trans cleaned up respectably.

Went to mount flywheel/clutch to b6, noticed the crank snout was different. Got all discouraged and put all my tools n junk away and preparing to source a b6 flywheel. Then my dad came out and I showed him what was wrong, and the little ring popped right out of the snout. Problem solved! Progress continues! Must've been a auto trans thing or something. Either way, glad I don't have to buy more stuff.

festytrans.jpg
    Last edited by 200KGPGTP; 04-22-2013, 12:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X