Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built juniors hitch today! It's a class 4 with a mixture of neanderpauls design. It's going to look good. Not sure it will be as strong a towmaters but it will work.
    Ford Fester

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
      I converted my festiva rear brakes to 4x100.
      This seems so obvious, so awesome, yet I don't remember hearing anyone else say that they did this. 8)
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
        Built juniors hitch today! It's a class 4 with a mixture of neanderpauls design. It's going to look good. Not sure it will be as strong a towmaters but it will work.
        It's Jack's design. I wish.
        youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

It is nice, and I appreciate it a lot because I spent years making due with whatever I could find, and I'm always prepared to do that again if I have to.
          Get into the arena now and answer the questions!!

Comment

• I can no longer see the dash due to all the gravel dust. Gag.
            Buck.
            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
              This seems so obvious, so awesome, yet I don't remember hearing anyone else say that they did this. 8)
              Most people just do aspire drums, but I'm trying to lighten the rear of the car as much as I can, aspire drums weigh a couple pounds more, so I lightened the festiva drums. The dual 4 lug festiva drums only work with aftermarket drums as the stock ones have less material in the needed area. These are now 1lb 7 ounces lighter than stock and have been balanced. Every little bit helps.
              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Oddly enough I had actually thought of doing the opposite, drilling an aspire drum to accept 4x114.3 to complement capri brakes up front. Never wound up getting the capri stuff though. Today I charged up the AC in Babystiva for lil sis, and installed my new (used) Accord condenser fan motor into FestEvil. Had to use the accord fan too, and ended up cutting about 3/4" off the end of each blade to clear the festiva housing. Seems to work well though, better than the dead motor that was in it at any rate lol.

No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• ^ nice work man! The bolt pattern on the motor ended up matching? Awesome. Let us know how it flows. Radiator fans are a big deal to us here in the desert.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Bolt pattern was PERFECT! I can't honestly say exactly what fan it is, but I am about 78% certain that it is the condenser fan and motor from an '88 Accord LXi. I have four fans, two from an '88 Civic and two from an '88 Accord. They are just floating around in the shed lol from when I used to own a CRX and an '89 Accord hatchback. This one looked the closest and easiest to implement. I won't know how well it does till it warms up, we've been running highs around 72 this week. But it does work, and it does blow air through the rad lol. Tried to charge up the AC too but I think one of the relays is out or something maybe.
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• cage release

So I was able to pull the cage out of Icetiva, but as it came up the shell just folded up at the B-pillar. With the running board rails cut to release the cage, and no frame rails to the back section it just folded up. It's a sad thing, but the cage and other parts will live on.
                      Thricetiva replaced Icetiva as the new ride
                      Icetiva-3-race-car-build
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2533299

Comment

• ^^^^ PM sent!
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Set the bearing preload on the aspire spindles.

Comment

Set the bearing preload on the aspire spindles.
                            drool I love toys...
                            In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                            There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

• Used it to pick up an EXTREMELY clean and shiny set of RX7 wheels for John (PU241).
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

• My maintenance manager just flew in from Germany with a bag of Pride goodies for me. The rear tail lights are not what I expected. I thought the red would be darker! I have decided not to replace my stock smoothies on my green Festiva. Complementary colors.
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 04-12-2012, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X