Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    rigged up my cooling fan toggle switch.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Today i installed a 323 therm housing and s style hose. Im back to where i was wednesday lol. Btw most nissan therm housings thst are the same bolt holes dont clear the distributor, those that do hit the water pipe above the starter, so i have 2 to return to orielys. Should have gone coilonplug right? Im a failure

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
    That's going to be a really good looking car Paul. See it at Madness?
    Hope so!

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Thanks for the great picture with the fender off. I needed that for retaping and wire loom installation. I will be taking my driver fender off this week to finish the harness install and plug in the power antenna.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    Finally took my BP/G25MR car to Skeeter's Keeper for finishing.

That's going to be a really good looking car Paul. See it at Madness?

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    if that third ear is just floating there do we need it?

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=819129&cc=1210026

I credit my research to tracking down the thermo gasket is used on datsuns, kias and GM s15 trucks
    Last edited by getnpsi; 08-09-2013, 01:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    my receipt said the right part, but my box said buick. the part number for the buick wasnt backwards or the similar numbers at all, I guess they stocked them wrong and he didn't check. Also partially my fault for not looking when i left either, and more my fault to look before the car was apart. GRR.

Oh i totally blew this one, It broke along the bolt hole where the buldge is. the thermostat shifted, I did it in a hurry because I was already mad about having to wait and thought I was doing the best i could with my time. should have just showered and gone to dinner with the GF after the autozone return and done VC tomorrow.
    Last edited by getnpsi; 08-09-2013, 12:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
    Autozone sold me the wrong valve cover gasket...I had to wait 3 hours for a backup car to arrive. I installed a tan tracer dome light that i aquired today, added a custom cargo light, rear view mirror from my dodge neon, replaced fuel filter. Then I decided to replace the thermostat...big mistake...I now need a housing, and upon searching these housings are very hard to come by...older kia rio? BP? what are people doing who cant find a festiva or aspire piece at short notice?

wow the member above me jbwelded their housing. I guess that works? LOL!
    Yeah, it could work. Mine is actually jbwelded to the head because I broke a bolt off, but depending on the breakage on the housing itself, you might be able to jbweld it.

About Autozone selling you the wrong gasket, it doesn't surprise me. I work at an autozone, and have only been there a month, and have had many people get the wrong parts because the inventory system blows. They don't even list cartridge filters for the V6 Ford Fusion, only spin-ons which the car doesn't use, they also list the spin-ons for the 2.3l 4 cylinder, which again it doesn't use.

Blame the dumb-$#!&s that do the inventory at the headquarters, not us behind the counter at the one down the street, we have no control over it. Unless you bring the old one in to match, don't be surprised when you get the wrong part.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 08-08-2013, 11:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Finally took my BP/G25MR car to Skeeter's Keeper for finishing.

Leave a comment:

• getnpsi
    replied
    Autozone sold me the wrong valve cover gasket...I had to wait 3 hours for a backup car to arrive. I installed a tan tracer dome light that i aquired today, added a custom cargo light, rear view mirror from my dodge neon, replaced fuel filter. Then I decided to replace the thermostat...big mistake...I now need a housing, and upon searching these housings are very hard to come by...older kia rio? BP? what are people doing who cant find a festiva or aspire piece at short notice?

wow the member above me jbwelded their housing. I guess that works? LOL!
    Last edited by getnpsi; 08-08-2013, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Put on all new brake shoes, and drum hardware, and free'd up the e-brake pivot again. This time I worked some brake lube into them so they don't seize again.

Ebrake works great again. I still can't figure out why the driver's side is grabbing better than the passenger, because I can definitely tell there is more drop on the drivers side when trying to take off with it engaged. It may be because they are two different drums with probably different wear. The PO only did something to the brakes on one side of the car, not the other so that is why they are different. I would get two new ones, but I really don't feel like paying for new bearings needlessly. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Going to rig up a toggle switch for the cooling fan tomorrow, thermostat switch was bad, and don't feel like stressing the jbweld by putting a wrench on the housing to get the old switch out. Unlike allot of people, I look at my temp gauge often so forgetting to flip the switch won't be a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    OOOohhhhhhhh

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Translation - Sent it to the crusher.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    What?