Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Fresh B6 swap didn't start.... Have spark and fuel to the rail, but not past that.......

WAT DO!?

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by Spike View Post
    Those are incredibly sexy.

I like how it's a few shades darker than the corner light, but has the reddish hue of the taillights. Really good color choice.
    Thanks...I think I picked wisely on the color. Matches good. Now to just install the FMS springs and KYBs!

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Those are incredibly sexy.

I like how it's a few shades darker than the corner light, but has the reddish hue of the taillights. Really good color choice.
    Last edited by Spike; 05-15-2013, 05:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Thanks to Dennis, "Gauge", I'm now rolling on these babies! They look great from a ways off. There was some inconsistency in the powder coating, but I think they turned out great. Tire shop already chipped it a bit around the hub. Not sure if I'm going to put the center caps on..if so I'm not sure what color they should be..

Leave a comment:

• mikeyjd
    replied
    Originally posted by RhodeStiva View Post

Taped up some showing wires with blue electric tape.

Cars ride height after engine swap/ engine weight.
    Sexy work Rhode!

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied

Taped up some showing wires with blue electric tape.

Cars ride height after engine swap/ engine weight.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Sucessful JY trip!

Got IAC pigtail, an unbroken b6 dipstick, fuel filter bracket and holder, EVAP canister(canister and fuel filter bracket were both missing from car when I got it), and a couple of mount bolts!

I have enough to attempt starting it tomorrow

All I need for absolute completion is full intake and exhaust. Wanna see if it runs first though before sinking another $400 into it. :lol:

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    More like what I did with my Festiva. Left my house early this morning for Edmonton to pick up a B6 shortblock and intake manifold from festyfreak39. He was at work but I did meet his dad! Turned right around and was home by noon. Getting a head done and once all the bits are together they will be going in my daughter's car... hopefully on the May 25th weekend.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    Tried to edit and add this but I was too late.
    See picture in previous post.

I believe you would need a strut about 3 inches shorter.
    Not sure about this...might be 4 1/2 inches shorter...bravekozak is working this out for his and will likely post when he get it all worked out.

See photos with ruler toward the end of this album.
    Last edited by 1990new; 05-14-2013, 06:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Tried to edit and add this but I was too late.
    See picture in previous post.
    Strut is 19 1/2 inches long. The top strut anchor which is 6mm bolt threads is screwed into the top bolt position
    of the hood hinge (replacing the bolt that was there) is from a Ford F150 truck hood strut (bottom anchor).
    (There were short and long strut anchors on the F150, you need the short one). The bottom anchor is the
    original from the VW and is 8mm diameter bolt. I drilled a 17/64th hole in the fender channel and self threaded
    the bolt in. (It's holding OK). I also got struts from a Jaguar which are the same length but the strut is
    a slightly smaller diameter. It works also. To not have to drill a hole and use the middle fender bolt hole,
    I believe you would need a strut about 3 inches shorter.
    Last edited by 1990new; 05-14-2013, 02:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Mounted a chrome hood strut from a 2002 VW Jetta on my 1990 Surf Blue (With advice from bravekozak).

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied

Took it good golfing. And couldn't figure out the timing issue so I advanced the timing all the way. Lol. Sucky gas mileage now.
    Last edited by RhodeStiva; 05-14-2013, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Yep! It was between that and the starter post lol

Leave a comment:

• ckiesman
    replied
    So I assume that helped, lol

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by ckiesman View Post
    well, on mine i see a black wire with a ring terminal coming out of the starter harness. It's attached near the clutch cable bracket with a 10 mm bolt. It looks like it goes right where the main ground goes to the transmission.
    Excellent, thank you!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X