Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    Are you going to be in 100 Acre Wood Rally? I think I may be coming down for that!
    He was in it last year. I think they are hoping to do it again this year, but they need to get that engine ready!

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Are you going to be in 100 Acre Wood Rally? I think I may be coming down for that!

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    When is 100 Acre Wood Rally?

Leave a comment:

• WTFestiva
    replied
    Got it on the trailer after the rally social show off. Gotta take it back to the shop to wire, coolant, and fuel line the BP... at least we are on the final hook up stage.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Drove to north Missouri so get a transmission for the Mean Green Micro Machine!

Met up with Fred and we snag some parts from a car an hour or so away from him. The whole story is here: http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...448#post571448

Was gonna post it in here, but then I saw how long it was and decided not to crowd up this thread! Time for bed!!

Leave a comment:

• bobstad
    replied
    Originally posted by bobstad View Post
    I've been giving further thought, by opening the door of my apartment to look at the car's headlights; trying to imagine a good photo shoot, to examine the problem of accumulating water in the driver's side headlight pod. I noticed this only a few days ago, after nearly a decade ago effecting a good repair to an eighth inch size round hole made from a rock or similar. That was an improvised fix following an expense of $20-30 getting a plug installed by a shop also offering windshield crack repairs, which soon fell out. I used clear epoxy which at first wouldn't solidify soon enough to avoid dropping down through the hole; until I managed to use wound thread imaginatively, to create an absorbent dam the epoxy could adhere to while setting. I'm sort of lazy, with an important HUD inspection coming up December 20th to extend my section 8 federal rent subsidy another year; so will get around to some pics after that and a dentist appointment Friday.
    I sure feel dumb; after buying a new headlight unit-finding that the appearance of accumulating water in the bottom of the old one; simply an optical illusion. My need of glasses; combined with unaccustomed winter conditions-along with evening lack of light generally this far north; these seasons.

There is a peculiar unique appearance to the current headlight; contributing much to the illusion-a normal Festiva headlight could never cause. Since there was accumulated water inside prior to a clever patch I made to a hole in the glass; making the interior look cloudier-with the inner reflective surface around the bulb also rusted some: Though I've never found that light to give less of a beam-than the normal one on the passenger side.
    Last edited by bobstad; 02-03-2013, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KingFish
    replied
    Had some trouble this week. Intermittent stall. I thought it was a ignition issue si I swapped out the cap and rotor (needed it anyways) nad VIOLA! fixed.... For about 8 hours. Next day at school same crap. Long story short, the injector harness had a open. Instead of chasing it down, I replaced it with one I had from the original B3. All better now.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
    Got new front tires, and changed the oil and filter on the 89' today
    Prepping it for our big day tomorrow? I'm not doing anything to mine to prep it! My oil will probably be due for a change when I get back from our trip!

Leave a comment:

• Festiva_Fred
    replied
    Got new front tires, and changed the oil and filter on the 89' today
    Last edited by Festiva_Fred; 02-02-2013, 07:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Sewed the end of the shoulder belt. It was getting a little loose, threads were comming apart. Good, no better than new.

Leave a comment:

• Powerstiva
    replied
    Just ordered brand new calipers, rotors and pads for my soon to be brake swap

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Rotated the strut mount on the passenger side and adjusted the toe. I think there was too much positive camber but haven't tested it yet. Got awful squirely in fast left hand turns. Right turns wasn't a problem. Now need to balance the rears and maybe it'll ride at least half way decent.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    The bumper thingy is a dashpot. More common on carburetor cars. It is to dampen to throttle closing so it don't just snap shut suddenly which could cause the car to stumble or stall.

Leave a comment:

• Huli
    replied
    Re: What have you done to your Festiva today!?

I I checked my throttle settings for the first time. The TPS was wrong, the idle was off, and that bolt that hits the bumper thingy was off too. What is that bumper thingy anyway? I think I need a new one. Ocasionally it lets the throttle close too slow.
    Last edited by Huli; 02-02-2013, 05:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Thursday: Called the body shop and set up THE day to get my 88L repainted: 15 Feb. I've got 'before' pix already and will make sure I take plenty of 'after' pix to post.

Today: Bought a pair of gray interior door latch handles and a pair of Euro-style tail light covers from Junspeed.

That's about all I'll have time for today; gotta work on my home.

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X