Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muleskinner
    replied
    FINALLY put in the air horn. Sounds great!! YAY!! Deer get out of my way!!!

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Anyone want a B3?

Carb and carby intake?

Usable used clutch and flywheel/pressure plate?

Cargo covers?

Green hatch that's been poorly painted black? [could probably clean the crappy black off it and have the green back]

Set of tail lights?

Fenders?

Doors?

Any other random parts?

I gotta finance this crap somehow...

[I can deliver stuff within a reasonable distance for fuel money... my van only gets about 18MPG though unless I borrow dad's Festy]
    Last edited by Christ; 08-17-2013, 08:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Thanks...
    Had some scuffs but they came right off....best thing I've found to clean the plastic parts is a Mr Clean Magic Eraser sponge and water.
    Cleans it up like Magic.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    ^wow, those are clean!!

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Installed map pockets from bravekozak in Trixie

They look like new:

Leave a comment:

• jason_
    replied
    Originally posted by Zanzer View Post
    Give it a day or 2 to clear out.
    ^^ and then on top of that, valve guides are SUPPOSED to run dry.

Hardened iron on cast iron, go figure that out...

A day or so and oil just past exhaust ports will burn and clean out. What you're seeing is whatever sitting in the manifold from old seal bypass id imagine

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro
    Last edited by jason_; 08-17-2013, 11:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Zanzer
    replied
    Originally posted by ckiesman View Post
    finally got my valve seals replaced. Its only been a year since i noticed i needed them. Soon as i was done, i started the car up, and a good sized plume of smoke came out. dosen't that figure....
    Give it a day or 2 to clear out.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by Christ View Post
    Yanked the perfectly good mid-mile B3 out, hacksawed the welded exhaust and pulled that out, too. Noticed that I must've dragged the car over something at some point because the left side full-length stiffening rail is dented like crazy and the fuel tank has a huge dent in it as well.

Pulled all the A/C components without breaking anything in case anyone wants them. Fins on the condenser are a little beat up, but a radiator comb can fix that easily.

Everything was still under pressure when I opened the system up, so I had to close it back up and have a friend come over with his A/C service crap and suck all the refrigerant out.

Afaik it's factory installed and actually worked. Been too long since I drove the car to confirm it though.
    How much you want for that and do you wanna bring it to Madness?

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Ordered a power window kit for it.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes I forgot, I bought Rio power windows from 91bluefestiva.

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Yanked the perfectly good mid-mile B3 out, hacksawed the welded exhaust and pulled that out, too. Noticed that I must've dragged the car over something at some point because the left side full-length stiffening rail is dented like crazy and the fuel tank has a huge dent in it as well.

Pulled all the A/C components without breaking anything in case anyone wants them. Fins on the condenser are a little beat up, but a radiator comb can fix that easily.

Everything was still under pressure when I opened the system up, so I had to close it back up and have a friend come over with his A/C service crap and suck all the refrigerant out.

Afaik it's factory installed and actually worked. Been too long since I drove the car to confirm it though.

Leave a comment:

• Powerstiva
    replied
    Bought a turbo!

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Ordered a power window kit for it.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Ordered the turbo muffler and high flow cat and picked up my cleaned parts for my B6 swap.

Leave a comment:

• ckiesman
    replied
    finally got my valve seals replaced. Its only been a year since i noticed i needed them. Soon as i was done, i started the car up, and a good sized plume of smoke came out. dosen't that figure....

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Yeah i'm literally only running the setup long enough to show that it runs, then selling it... however, if I can do a little more work on the mill station and save the next guy some inventing, I guess I'll just do it.

Even if I can't get them brazed, it's easy enough to thread the flange and put pipe nipples in it to create an external coolant manifold under the runners.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X