Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muleskinner
    replied
    Was backing up my Festiva and turning the wheel ... It finally happened! The drive axle blew out or broke. It has been loosing greese out the one boot .... Even though the boot looked fine ...... for a few weeks and it finally went!
    I had it scheduled to go get it worked on, on Friday. Now I'll have to have it towed.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    Replaced the distributor and no dice. Still only runs advanced all the way. Going to replace the wiring harness to it first. If that doesn't do it only replacing the VFM and coil and considering it done. No way it could slipped timing just as tight and it was before.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    Cleaned out the engine bay and forward-and-backward flushed the heater core several times, a diisgusting amount of nasty came out.
    The part you can't see, is the possible 25 year disgusting amount of nasty built up on the fins of the heater core, since Festivas don't have cabin filters. A summertime job. Has anyone ever tried puting an inspection camera into the blower housing? It might be a plan (if it works) to buy one on the Bay, and mail it around from member to member. The problem is that you have to pull out the blower fan, set it to heat and close the top duct so that the inspection snake can first be fed forward and up before curving downward to the heater core. I will find out where the Dewalt guys are demonstrating their stuff and take my spare blower assembly to see what I can see.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 04-14-2013, 02:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
    I also put on the rear wiper arm. Found out the cargo light in the back still works. I just had a corroded connection. .
    CORRECTION: Its the dome light not the cargo light.

On the Cargo light, there is no switch on the door latch. When they swaped hatch backs I guess, that car didn't have a cargo light.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Cleaned out the engine bay and forward-and-backward flushed the heater core several times, a diisgusting amount of nasty came out.

Ever nearing!
    Last edited by 200KGPGTP; 04-14-2013, 01:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WulfgarTheGreat
    replied
    Had a hectic time getting my old front main seal out but got it changed out with a new one, ordered new resonator pipe and muffler yesterday got in put on this afternoon, so much more quiet now. now time to figure out why my passenger brake light isnt coming on. thought it was blown but put new one in and still nothing, time for repair forum i think

Leave a comment:

• LittleHoe
    replied
    Got the Oil Pan all cleaned up and put back on, new plugs in her and cleaned up the engine bay so its ready for engine install tomorrow.... Oh and then cause I was bored I cleaned up my new toy too...

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Took off the 13" wheels, tires, & extension & put on the 12" wheels and Daytona 155R12 steel belted radial tires today! Drove it and felt good. No rubbing on the wheel wells either.

I did this because the Aspire swap has not been done on this car & I feel keeping everything stock is good for the suspension and front end ..... Until the Aspire swap can be done! I like most things original anyway.

I also put on the rear wiper arm. Found out the cargo light in the back still works. I just had a corroded connection.

Cleaned/detailed the inside of the car from all the nicotine/smoke crap inside.
    Last edited by muleskinner; 04-13-2013, 08:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Cut off the rotten exhaust and also cut out the seized control arm

Now to just get that half attached captive nut out................

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Did some work on my 1990 Surf Blue today:
    Removed the windshield washer reservoir, cleaned it out and repaired the leaking filler spout.
    Replaced the left front steering knuckle with one that I pulled at LKQ back in March.
    The bearing in the old one is still good but the rotor is better on the replacement one. Tie rod end and ball joint were still good.

Leave a comment:

• standard235
    replied
    Realized my boot kit won't work on my Rio calipers so now I need to figure out where I can get them...

Leave a comment:

• deathrace2000
    replied
    I removed the rear seat brackets today. Cargo mode.

Leave a comment:

• txranger14
    replied
    replaced the alternator and replaced the belts...still not running well..

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
    Where did you get all that stuff powder coated? And how much was it?
    Here in town, Midwest Metal Finishings.

Total cost(including a sway bar not pictured) was $240, however I only paid $30 out of pocket because I had won a facebook contest a while back for free powdercoating

Leave a comment:

• Tommychu
    replied
    Originally posted by 1990new View Post
    You are correct of course... The lithium grease, while it will repel water and lubricate well, it also attracts dirt worse than graphite.

If your lock is getting hard to turn, you could give it a lithium shot, blow it out with compressed air and then use the dry graphite routinely.

Yep. Although as long as you don't do what my dad did last winter (borrowed my late model Toyota and tried to wash it on a cold day, and then doused all the lock cylinders with WD40 when they inevitably froze- they haven't worked properly since) you should be fine.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X