Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prafeston
    replied
    Well today I locked my keys in my car and couldn't find my spare. I watched THIS and grabbed a coat hanger and drive my mom's car to my Festy. Took me less than 30 seconds to get in. Makes me think twice about putting anything of value in it now.

Here was my hand made tool!

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    67 lbs! lol! Congrats on the progress. Keep it up!
    Thanks!!! This is actually my first engine and/or trans removal out of any car. So much easier than I anticipated.

I'm taking my time and doing it slow so I can clean everything up and get a number of parts powdercoated.

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    That is AWESOME!

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    I saw that on Facebook. Commented on it, even.
    I flipped a shell a couple of weeks ago. Really quite easy.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    Only 67? I must be a bit stronger than I thought.
    My dad and I did team lift a complete engine without problem, though.

I flipped over my festiva to drop the engine and transmission.
    Last edited by neanderpaul; 04-08-2013, 11:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Originally posted by Oren09 View Post
    Me and Festiva_Fred had to pull an engine and transmission out the top of a Festy a couple months ago. One of the crossmember bolts wouldn't come out so we couldn't just pull the tranny out the bottom...which was all we needed. We did remove the head and stuff to make it a bit lighter. Me and Fred aren't big dudes though. It was rough! Not to mention we were in a field and it had snowed the night before and was in the 30s when we were doing this!

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Only 67? I must be a bit stronger than I thought.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post

Amazing that I can carry a TRANSMISSION with ONE HAND. Just doesn't seem like that should be possible, lol

Progress!
    67 lbs! lol! Congrats on the progress. Keep it up!

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Just 'window-shopped' a RockAuto order... $570 :lol:

Not bad at all for the amount of stuff on there though!

Won't be able to pull that plug until payday in a week though. Still have plenty of stuff to accomplish.
    Last edited by 200KGPGTP; 04-08-2013, 10:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Made a fair amount of progress today. Got the transmission removed from the old B3, B3 cast into the trunk of a car I plan on scrapping within the next couple of months, cleaned the sandwich plate and a fair amount of the trans. SOOOO DISGUSTING. Jeez. Just FILTHY. Went through 2 cans of brake parts cleaner. Sooooo much better, but not done with the transmission quite yet. More cleaning to be done.

Amazing that I can carry a TRANSMISSION with ONE HAND. Just doesn't seem like that should be possible, lol

Progress!

I'm so excited for all of this. Today was near 80* and VERY humid, I think I'll have the festy operational by the time it gets REALLY hot, first car with working A/C I've had in quite some time.

eeEEEeeeeEEEEeeE!!!

Mom even said she wanted to ride in it when I was done

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Bought a new (to me) 5 speed so I can hopefully get my Festiva back on the road.

Leave a comment:

• Oren09
    replied
    Rotated front tires side to side. The passenger one seems to spin more and was worn slightly more than the driver's. I'm trying to get all the life I can out of my tires before I have to replace them.

Took off the cat head shield and removed a pile of rocks I picked up on a dirt road. I love rust free cars

Mounted the alarm shock sensor with moulding tape just above the passenger side kick panel to make it more sensitive to car vibrations (vs having it hanging by the wire). Flopping a wiper onto the windshield set the alarm off fully so I turned up the sensitivity a bit.

Found out the passenger side axle seal is leaking. Great.

Worked on my spare engine a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Drove my car out to the middle of Missouri where there are three of the coolest disc golf courses on someones private property. Hauled out a bunch of firewood as we were camping out for two days. Lived out of my car with a twin air mattress inside it...phone died before I remembered to snag a picture of it though. Also ran out of gas for the first time ever driving back home on Sunday! Whoops!

Car all loaded down in the back!

All the wood in the back.

All the wood out of the car and a practice basket setup in the background.

Leave a comment:

• Twistiva
    replied
    Saturday (6 April) - Tried to pick up my Festiva at the painter's. BUT!...he painted the hood (which looked AWESOME! :tongue separate from the grille and the stripes from the grille didn't line up with the stripes on the hood. :thumbs_down: Plus, the driver's side door had some subtle sanding marks/arcs in it. :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

So, I told him to re-do the grille (which he agreed to) and he said he'd buff the door out. I already paid him earlier last week and he has proven to have a "the customer is always right" attitude.

Plan on posting pix when I pick it up. Taking foreverrrrrrrrrr........

Today (Monday) - Gonna leave work, go home and order a 5th wheel to match 4 others I bought about 6 weeks ago so I'll have a spare in case of future curb rash.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Yeah, was just saying if it hadn't already, it would be cheaper and easier to just replace the boot, lots of people have hell of a time trying to get the axles out of these Festies.
    Tell me about it, I've just bought a new transmission in case they break mine getting the axle out.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Thank you! Progress continues tomorrow if the weather holds out.

I have a box full of assorted mounts and crapola ready for powdercoat. Also going to do the subframe, sway bar, sway bar mounts.... etc

Leave a comment:

Working...
X