Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bob^3
    replied
    Originally posted by LittleHoe View Post
    They are out of a 91 vw gti. Iirc. They will be getting a set of how's put in soon too. As well I have some resistors on order that should get my signal lights blinking properly.
    Nice, I really dig the look of round headlights on our cars.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• LittleHoe
    replied
    They are out of a 91 vw gti. Iirc. They will be getting a set of how's put in soon too. As well I have some resistors on order that should get my signal lights blinking properly.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by LittleHoe View Post
    got the car back on the ground... just need to add fluids and then hopefully she will run again...

What are those headlights out of? I really like the look of those.

Leave a comment:

• bp71monte
    replied
    Pulled the rear apart due to loud and hot bearings, damn near burnt my hand on the wheel. So I just ordered new timkens with races, seals, drums, and nuts.

While I wait I might make a hitch so I can use a dirtbike carrier.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Hopefully my ECM comes in tomorrow! I can replace that (day off tomorrow) as well as finish cleaning the trans and get them mated
    Last edited by 200KGPGTP; 04-16-2013, 12:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• XFSE71
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    The part you can't see, is the possible 25 year disgusting amount of nasty built up on the fins of the heater core, since Festivas don't have cabin filters. A summertime job. Has anyone ever tried puting an inspection camera into the blower housing? It might be a plan (if it works) to buy one on the Bay, and mail it around from member to member. The problem is that you have to pull out the blower fan, set it to heat and close the top duct so that the inspection snake can first be fed forward and up before curving downward to the heater core. I will find out where the Dewalt guys are demonstrating their stuff and take my spare blower assembly to see what I can see.
    I have an optical viewer that uses AA Batts. I'll try it out on the heater core and let you know how well it works.

Leave a comment:

• LittleHoe
    replied
    got the car back on the ground... just need to add fluids and then hopefully she will run again...

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    The part you can't see, is the possible 25 year disgusting amount of nasty built up on the fins of the heater core, since Festivas don't have cabin filters. A summertime job. Has anyone ever tried puting an inspection camera into the blower housing? It might be a plan (if it works) to buy one on the Bay, and mail it around from member to member. The problem is that you have to pull out the blower fan, set it to heat and close the top duct so that the inspection snake can first be fed forward and up before curving downward to the heater core. I will find out where the Dewalt guys are demonstrating their stuff and take my spare blower assembly to see what I can see.
    Not sure I WANT to know! :lol:

Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
    Was backing up my Festiva and turning the wheel ... It finally happened! The drive axle blew out or broke. It has been loosing greese out the one boot .... Even though the boot looked fine ...... for a few weeks and it finally went!
    I had it scheduled to go get it worked on, on Friday. Now I'll have to have it towed.
    Only somewhat related, but my last festiva had two bad axles and I knew it. One morning delivering papers QUITE spiritedly(read: angry;careless;fast), I took a hard J turn in reverse and POP!!! I was convinced it was my axle with that strain on it, but it ended up being the entire braking surface of one rotor snapping off of the hat/hub. First for me! Was able to drive it home, but with SEVERELY reduced braking capabilities :lol:

Leave a comment:

• LittleHoe
    replied
    engine back in, custom rad mounts done, fan installed, rerouted misc. wires and hoses...

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Guarenteed....the Festiva CV axles will be a lot easier to replace.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    Originally posted by Spike View Post
    Don't you love how that works out? You could drive on something for 2 years (or three weeks!), clicking and all, and have no issues.. finally go to do something about it? Blam. Lol.

Hope you weren't far from home!

-Joe
    Thankfully I was at home. I had just finished working on the car and was backing it away from the house when it happened. lol!

I had the exact samething happen to a Buick Park Ave. I used to drive. I was turning and backing into my driveway when that axle broke. I knew that one was going too cos the boot was all tore up.
    Last edited by muleskinner; 04-14-2013, 09:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bob^3
    replied
    Originally posted by bhearts View Post
    my cars been a clicking since i bought the thing. only when i turn right now. does that diagnose 100% which side is bad?
    Crawl under the car. When the rubber boots on the axle fail it looks pretty nasty. That's the easiest way to know what side.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• Prafeston
    replied
    Drove my Festiva probably about 300 miles this weekend. Hauled me and a buddy to some disc golfing in the St. Louis area. Averaged 38mpg.

Leave a comment:

• bhearts
    replied
    my cars been a clicking since i bought the thing. only when i turn right now. does that diagnose 100% which side is bad?

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
    The drive axle blew out or broke.
    I had it scheduled to go get it worked on, on Friday. Now I'll have to have it towed.
    Don't you love how that works out? You could drive on something for 2 years (or three weeks!), clicking and all, and have no issues.. finally go to do something about it? Blam. Lol.

Hope you weren't far from home!

-Joe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X