Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Made some progress on mine today. FINALLY got the trans cleaned up respectably.

Went to mount flywheel/clutch to b6, noticed the crank snout was different. Got all discouraged and put all my tools n junk away and preparing to source a b6 flywheel. Then my dad came out and I showed him what was wrong, and the little ring popped right out of the snout. Problem solved! Progress continues! Must've been a auto trans thing or something. Either way, glad I don't have to buy more stuff.

festytrans.jpg
    Last edited by 200KGPGTP; 04-22-2013, 12:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Pu241
    replied
    Originally posted by greywolf200 View Post
    Good luck with that, I picked mine up yesterday. $200 for a new transmission, $330 for a new clutch and the installation. Anyone need a good transmission with an axle stub stuck in it. I really don't believe they tried very hard to get the axle out.
    How much?
    Are you going to the NCstiva meet?

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    Finished installing car radio.

Leave a comment:

• klowncar
    replied
    today i finished the engine gasket job, water pump, 180 thermostat, oil change, and am cutting the cat off, and also removed back seat and any additional junk i dont need in it...thurning back seat into a couch for the patio

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    IMG_20130421_181942.jpg

Here are the prelude seats. They look really good if I do say so myself.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Yay, my prelude seats are in. pics later.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Relocated the coil to the fender core support, swapped in a good window winder mech from a parts car, and contemplated tinting the windows. Also sprayed it off good and doused it with car wash "wax".

Ordered a T-stat, and front seals.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by kingstonpygmies View Post
    Fuel filter. Valve cover gasket and spark plugs with wires. Tomorrow Isuzu rodeo seat swap

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk 2
    Good luck with that one, I would be worried that the seats will sit too high.

But anyway, I am finishing up my Prelude seat swap today.

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Originally posted by muleskinner View Post
    The tow truck came and picked up my Festiva to take it to Aatco. Having the clutch, pressure plate, drive axels looked at & or replaced.
    Good luck with that, I picked mine up yesterday. $200 for a new transmission, $330 for a new clutch and the installation. Anyone need a good transmission with an axle stub stuck in it. I really don't believe they tried very hard to get the axle out.

Leave a comment:

• kingstonpygmies
    replied
    Fuel filter. Valve cover gasket and spark plugs with wires. Tomorrow Isuzu rodeo seat swap

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Well they are not going in as easy as everyone says. Ran out of daylight, going to have to continue tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Just picked me up a nice pair of 92' Prelude seats, no tears or obvious stains, just need to give them a bit of a clean because lots of dirt that got into the car got on the seats.

Just working on fabbing the tabs for the rear mounts and they should be in.

Already test fitted the drivers side, sat down, and could tell they were definitely more comfy, and held you better than those rocks you call Festiva seats.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 04-19-2013, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    The tow truck came and picked up my Festiva to take it to Aatco. Having the clutch, pressure plate, drive axels looked at & or replaced.

Leave a comment:

• standard235
    replied
    Cut the control arms off the car... time to remove the cages and get some bolts.

Need strut bolts and nuts too. Can't wait for all of this to be done... going through anti-seize and grease like crazy!

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    Did the passenger's side auto adjuster, it actually wasn't seized or stiff at all, but I put the one with the better teeth that I loosened up, on it anyway.

e-brake grabs a little better but still not good enough, I think the cable is stretched, because it is tightened all the way down, and the brakes still barely engage.

God these parking brakes are poorly designed.
    Driverone told me about the adjuster on the rear beam, that helped some too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X