Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took two seconds to remove disty from part's car @ 9:00PM at night haha. Local '93 5spd guy has a no-start, no-nothing problem. He wanted to borrow it to see if that was it.. Don't know what all he's tested/if he's tested. Said the main fuses were fine.

Other than that, nuttin'.

-Joe
    White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
    White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
    1988 LX 5-speed
    ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Added an ignition coil. Wow. Mental hp increase. She pulls cold the way she does warmed up now. I highly suggest one. I got a simple crane...and please laugh at my mount...i rock a mustang 5.0 fuel filter so i had that bracket available...upside down is probably questionable
      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Keeping this PIC a Secret for yourself??? How about adding a LITTLE light!!RUIDD:RUIDD:
        Last edited by boydg1; 12-15-2013, 09:09 AM.
        A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something.

Comment

• What did I do with my festiva today? I bought it! 1989 festiva L. Now it's time to clean. Was owned by a mechanic and had greasy hand-prints everywhere, inside and out. That's OK by me. 600 bucks for a car in good working condition (with a full tank of gas The guy said it was on its second engine so I have some questions for the tech thread to try to identify just what I have under the hood. Was just looking for a cheap commuter, so I got My first festiva. already starting to feel like I agreed to go to the dance with the "plain" girl, only to find out we actually have a lot of fun together. And she puts out. Plenty of power, a blast to drive
          1989 Festiva L (work in progress)
          2005 CTS R.I.P.
          1987 FJ-6O gone but not forgotten

Comment

• Sorry guys. 300 miles like this so far. Maybe mileage will creep up too as long as i dont spin it up trying to feel flat spots which i dont...
            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

• Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
              Sorry guys. 300 miles like this so far. Maybe mileage will creep up too as long as i dont spin it up trying to feel flat spots which i dont...
              Luv the mount.
              Jack Byrd,
              1991 Capri
              1988 Festiva LX, 240K
              1970 Chev C10
              1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• I can see my car benefitting from this as well!
                1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
                2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Fuel pump. Precise. $21. I'm so cheap I re-used the pickup sock.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

• Threw some cardboard in front of the radiator. This Canada winter is beginning to feel a lot like Antarctica.

-James
                    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

• I might actually be able to do some work on my car in the coming days. It is actually supposed to get up to almost 51 degrees.

Woo! Winter heat wave!.
                      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 12-17-2013, 03:54 PM.
                      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Checked out the spark plug hole that's sticking when I try to put a plug in. Looks like there is crap in the threads. Anyone know where I can get a tap/what the threading is so I can clean it up.
                        91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                        06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                        95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• M14 X 1.25

Any auto parts store should sell a spark plug thread chaser.
                          You don't need an expensive tap to cut new threads.
                          Last edited by bravekozak; 12-17-2013, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                            I might actually be able to do some work on my car in the coming days. It is actually supposed to get up to almost 51 degrees.

Woo! Winter heat wave!.
                            We hit 70 today. Last week we were iced in with below freezing temps. Crazy weather.
                            ~Austin
                            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                              M14 X 1.25

Any auto parts store should sell a spark plug thread chaser.
                              You don't need an expensive tap to cut new threads.
                              I called auto zone and they only carry the one that will cut out a bunch of aluminum and comes with a threaded piece to screw back in it.

EBay it is I suppose.
                              91 Festiva L "Erika" b3t swap on the way
                              06 Jeep Cherokee Overland
                              95 Aspire (sold)

Comment

• Auto Zone spark plug chaser SKU 607068 $9.

The oxygen sensor thread chaser (SKU 607067) is $10
                                Last edited by bravekozak; 12-17-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X