Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    what did the aqua sell for, it looks very clean!

Leave a comment:

• NTRCOOL
    replied
    My front end rebuild kit should be at my moms house n thursday morning im gonna get the inner and putter tirods replaced plus th lateral arms. Picked up a new temp sensor. Il need to pick a new radiator cap still, and I also need to grab new main seals plus a pan gasket the front main just started to leak(perfect timing ) so lots of work to do good thing tonight is my last night of work till the 3rd of january. Plus all of my other projects that need to get done.

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    I drove that car up onto my dad's trailer using the starter. I tape the the bypass switch that the clutch pedal activates. leave it in 1st gear. And hit the ignition switch! Works like a charm every time. Glad you made it safely home! Looking forward to seeing Danny's ear to ear smiles!

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Not mine but today I drove 300 miles round trip to pick up this:

Its the car Danny (kumalaba) bought from Paul (neaderpaul) recently. '90L-Plus 5-speed with 66k on it. Motor is supposed to be blown but it turns over easily enough with the starter. I'm gonna try a couple quick fixes and see if it will run. Doesn't matter much because its coming out anyway for an '89 B6 to go in . Should be a fun little car!

In other news, I got a couple steps closer to having my B6 swap done on Chuck so it will be out of the garage to make room for Danny's car. New water pump and front crank seal are both in, the whole motor is basically prepped, just got to decide if I want to keep fighting the axles to get the trans out and mated to the engine outside of the engine bay. Would be much easier than mating them in the bay... but... the axles are almost brand new (less than 2000 miles on them) so the circlips are in there VERY tight! We'll see lol.
    Last edited by htchbck; 12-21-2011, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Put the old dist back on because the one from festiva2 was causing it to run strangely.

Leave a comment:

• blkfordsedan
    replied
    Started port-matching the intake and ordered a new Beck Arnley oil pump and Speedi-Sleeve from Rock Auto for my early B6. Only $60 for the pump on closeout!! Should be here this week, so maybe I can assemble the engine during the Holiday Season!!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Used mine to go pick up the white alloys on craigslist for Kumalaba.

Leave a comment:

• eurotiva
    replied
    Lit mine on fire and kept warm.......

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    I have four headers on my Festiva(s). Lol

Picked up the water pump today for Chuck. No time to install though, had to fix the trailer lights so I won't have to mess with them in the morning before the trip to Danny's.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    :evil4::evil4:

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    BOTH headers? I mean you're driving a festiva. Don't you mean header?!

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Last night I pulled the intake off and both headers and started getting my turbo pipes installed so I can get the oil lines made up, figure out where to put my wideband etc

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Got the engine out of Chuck, completed the seal replacement and Festivafication process on the B6, all that is lacking is the water pump which should be in 10AM today. Green Car is being a good girl and got 32.9MPG last night delivering pizzas. I think she is afraid if she didn't get better mileage I'll be ripping her apart to install the G4A-HL. Too bad for her I'll be doing it anyway lol.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    I moved my festiva back out of the garage to re-arrange my garage, I been meaning to do that for months

Leave a comment:

• 90fomoco
    replied
    I tried some light oil in both ends of the cable, worked the cable around and made sure it was not kinked by the firewall. It runs a little smoother but still wiggles. Give it some time to work the oil through the cable I guess.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X