Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by bhazard View Post
    195/45 isn't as hard to find. 195/50 is cheap and plentiful. What's so special about 185/45?
    The car can be lowered almost 4 inches with zero rub and still turn lock to lock.

I removed the power seat belt motors and rails today and I'm making my harness bar so it will pass tech.

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    drool

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Finally gave Green Car her Christmas present this morning, installed the 2 new tires and balanced all of them and rotated front to back so the news are on the rear. She rides a bit better now Then I went over and pulled the B3 out of Danny's car and stripped all the necessary B3 parts needed for the B6 swap. Hopefully I can pick up the B6 either tomorrow or Thursday

Leave a comment:

• mattman
    replied
    oh hey i didnt actually do anything to my festy but i did take over a 1st level room in the house made it the MANCAVE an it jus so happens that i park my festy right in front of that window so the manacave has a kool fety veiw out the window

Leave a comment:

• mattman
    replied
    Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
    i have one you can have free but shipping would be high
    me an the lil woman are gonna be up in Asheville visiting her Dad n stepmom n new baby sister an i will be seeing my parents too for a day or so in Jan if you can hold on to it we could just stop by an pick it up when we are in town if thats cool

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Originally posted by NTRCOOL View Post
    Working on replacing lateral arms this week n my bro got a head start on it... the Square nut in the unibody rail is spinning... any suggestions if so drop me a line on my thread. I gotta talk to my neighbor if he has a trick, he works on cars all the time. plus I need to work on my oil in the intake tube issue which I did some searching and need to inspect for blow by I think that is a given, plus my pcv valve and hope for the best.
    Drill a small hole next to the nut on either side and fill it with weld.

Leave a comment:

• NTRCOOL
    replied
    Working on replacing lateral arms this week n my bro got a head start on it... the Square nut in the unibody rail is spinning... any suggestions if so drop me a line on my thread. I gotta talk to my neighbor if he has a trick, he works on cars all the time. plus I need to work on my oil in the intake tube issue which I did some searching and need to inspect for blow by I think that is a given, plus my pcv valve and hope for the best.

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    that stinks!

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    Not today, but several days ago, I spun out and wrecked my 93. It's bittersweet, because there was a gods deal of work needed to make it right, but it's value really lay in the parts, such as the 5MT, pedal box, Aspire parts, and all of the glass, plus newish tires.

Leave a comment:

• bhazard
    replied
    195/45 isn't as hard to find. 195/50 is cheap and plentiful. What's so special about 185/45?

Leave a comment:

• Advancedynamix
    replied
    Originally posted by mattman View Post
    right now i'm running the stock steelie 12" ......after seeing the video of tweak in the dessert i really want some of those OZ rims but the 12" will have to suffice for now

Keep an eye on craigslist for mitsubishi lancer wheels. I've seen complete sets for $100! The 185/45/15 tires are a bit pricey because they are not sold here in the U.S. I bought mine through an ebay seller in Nevada, who drop shipped them from Germany. It would be nice to get a group buy going with a tire importer to get them at a good price (they are actually dirt cheap over seas).

Merry Christmas to you all!

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    i have one you can have free but shipping would be high

Leave a comment:

• mattman
    replied
    Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
    what kind of rim do you need?
    right now i'm running the stock steelie 12" ......after seeing the video of tweak in the dessert i really want some of those OZ rims but the 12" will have to suffice for now

Leave a comment:

• Christ
    replied
    You shouldn't use brass fittings. They work harden. Use either aluminum or iron with anti corrosion coating.

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    Originally posted by mattman View Post
    last nite drove to Myrtle beach SC an played around today up to Jacksonville NC there is a lil vibration with the bent rim but not to bad had about 1000 pics taken of the car by Marines an people around own got roughly 500 miles in for two days of goofing around an the festy is doing really good
    what kind of rim do you need?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X