Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mattman
    replied
    last nite drove to Myrtle beach SC an played around today up to Jacksonville NC there is a lil vibration with the bent rim but not to bad had about 1000 pics taken of the car by Marines an people around own got roughly 500 miles in for two days of goofing around an the festy is doing really good

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    It didn't shear in the friction area, it sheared in the 'u'

Leave a comment:

• Movin
    replied
    Originally posted by 200KGPGTP View Post
    Was driving in reverse today, when CLUNK!!!!! from the front passenger wheel. Limped it home with no brakes on that corner.... turns out the friction portion of the rotor completely sheared away from the mounting portion, all the way around. WOW. LOL.
    You need to use brake lube or some synthetic waterproof grease on your caliper mounts..that happened because the caliper could not self center over the rotor. Congrats on making it home in one piece !!

Leave a comment:

• Movin
    replied
    Wow, that stop leak in a can might have had a problem with that one. I took my strut all apart, cleaned everything and put it back together, front and rear. Just measuring everything before the conversion.

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    that could have been very bad!!!!

Leave a comment:

• gauge_half_inch
    replied
    Finally decided to fix my minor oil seepage from my brass T-fitting for my turbo supply and oil pressure sensor, thinking it was just a poor teflon tape job on my part. I start to disconnect the pressure sending unit wires and it wiggled. Ummm, it shouldn't do that.... Out of pure curiosity I wiggled it again and it popped off in my hands leaving a few threads still in the block. Used an easy out to remove the broken piece and replace that fitting. Way to close of a call to potentially spraying all my oil all over the road and possibly destroying my engine and turbo... My lucky day. Sort of...

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Was driving in reverse today, when CLUNK!!!!! from the front passenger wheel. Limped it home with no brakes on that corner.... turns out the friction portion of the rotor completely sheared away from the mounting portion, all the way around. WOW. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Had planned to pick up Danny's motor today but as it turned out the place was closed (glad I called before I left ). So instead I headed back over to mom and dad's to finish Chuck and get him out of the garage.

All done! 158k motor, and it seems to be in great shape! Pulls very strong and after the initial startup doesn't smoke a bit. I'm pleased with it, especially since I was mainly after the trans attached to it (G4A-HL auto trans, fuel economy of a 5-speed ). I had already planned and budgeted for a rebuild, but now I don't think I'm going to bother with it lol. Still need to set the timing with a light (my light isn't working at the moment) but I timed it by ear and it seems ok lol.

Wish we could get some "1.3 INJECTION" decals for the B3s to match the 1.6 ones on the B6s
    Last edited by htchbck; 12-23-2011, 04:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    Originally posted by htchbck View Post
    Oh he's gonna love it! He kept talking about how much he enjoyed the B6 in his 323 wagon. In a festiva its gonna blow him away! There is a pair of '89 323 engines at the yard I'm getting his motor from, both have comparable mileage to match the low miles on the car

I gotta finish my harness for Chuck today and hopefully he will be done and out of the way to start on Danny's by the weekend
    tks again for everything!

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
    Used mine to go pick up the white alloys on craigslist for Kumalaba.
    tks paul!!

Leave a comment:

• kumalaba
    replied
    I hooked Danny up. We're buddies. It's straight and rust free per the usual neanderpaul car.

Leave a comment:

• 91mcnasty
    replied
    GET TO WORK THEN!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    Awesome news! You're rolling!

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    Glad you made it safely home! Looking forward to seeing Danny's ear to ear smiles!
    Oh he's gonna love it! He kept talking about how much he enjoyed the B6 in his 323 wagon. In a festiva its gonna blow him away! There is a pair of '89 323 engines at the yard I'm getting his motor from, both have comparable mileage to match the low miles on the car

I gotta finish my harness for Chuck today and hopefully he will be done and out of the way to start on Danny's by the weekend

Leave a comment:

• neanderpaul
    replied
    I hooked Danny up. We're buddies. It's straight and rust free per the usual neanderpaul car.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X