Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bhazard
    replied
    Unfortunately we've already figured out how to make the car handle much better without the bar

Leave a comment:

• F3BZ
    replied
    i wondered that too but not enough to get the calipers out. maybe this weekend. the beam w/bushings supposedly still available from Japan. but over $500!

Leave a comment:

• bhazard
    replied
    That's very interesting. I wonder if it uses the thicker beam material like the aspire too.

Leave a comment:

• F3BZ
    replied
    guess you can tell how much the GTX sits given the accumulation of cobwebs but that's not the subject. i've owned this 3 years and only just now noticed the twist beam has a torsion bar! DUH! it's 14 or 15 mm. the front one is 24.

IMG_0469 by mike schmitt, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• greywolf200
    replied
    Nice

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Here is the soft fuel line that I removed.

Here is the hard fuel line that I replaced it with.

Now to chrome some carb brackets.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-30-2017, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    I still can't fit the fender reinforcement over my Kia Pride power antenna motor.
    It will require surgery to the lower tube. I tried heat and a hammer, but it needs sawing and welding. I have to cut half way through for about two inches and install an insert.
    Next post will include pictures.
    I have a slow drip on one fitting of my tee on my stainless hard fuel lines.
    I have only one small piece of tubing left. I cannot afford to make any mistakes (either cutting or flaring).
    I do know that they have to be tightened extremely well.
    The trick to bending the short middle tube, is to install and flare both ends straight, before bending the tube with the nuts in place. You are pushing on the nut and not the tube (no room) to do the bend.
    Pictures to follow after I fix the slow drip.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-24-2017, 07:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shin Hayata
    replied
    Installed NOS Kia Pride mud guards on my car. Imported directly from Korea; paid too much. But they are otherwise "correct", which is important to me. I didn't yet know about the Festiva store when the Kia guards were purchased many months ago. Live and learn.

Sorry, I'm unable to attach any pics here. It seems I exceed the attachment limit no matter how I edit the photo for size. Any hints appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• ricko1966
    replied
    Stupidest accident anyone ever had! Was changing the fuel filter. Squeezed my factory squeezy type fuel hose clamps with vice grips slid the clamps away from the filter pulled off one fuel line just fine,dribbled a little fuel. Pulling the second line it fought back I ended up bumping my vice grips that were laying under the hood,which the sparked on the starter,which lit the fuel. I had to let go of the filter to get something to put out the fire so when I let go of the filter it added fuel to the fire.NBD A little wiring repair a master cylinder reservoir and a few other minor things. I still can't believe it, the only other more ridiculous battery related accident I ever had was doing an oil change on a customers Mitsubishi Gallant I reached behind the motor to loosen the old oil filter or tighten the new one, my wedding ring touched the positive alternator lead and grounded through the filter creating an instant toaster element around my finger which peeled the skin as I yanked the ring off. No longer married,problem solved.
    Last edited by ricko1966; 09-04-2017, 09:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jjaynes
    replied
    Originally posted by ricko1966 View Post
    Fixed most of the fire damage from last week. You thought I was kidding when I said always disconnect the battery.
    Wait...what happened???

Leave a comment:

• ricko1966
    replied
    Fixed most of the fire damage from last week. You thought I was kidding when I said always disconnect the battery.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    No eclipses to travel to this weekend.
    Time to work on my Festiva.
    I cut the center support out of my fender reinforcement and ground off the welds.
    Time to see if it really fits.
    ---------------
    I also ran into a problem flaring my hard fuel line.
    The distance isn't far enough from the bend to fit in the flaring tool.
    The ferrule is in the way.
    I will try bending the short line after the ferrules and nuts are assembled.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 09-02-2017, 09:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mikemounlio
    replied
    Last night i pulled the motor out of britstiva. And on over kill i took my new steering wheel off and put it back on straight. When i installed it i thought i had the wheels straight but i guess i didnt. The wheel has been like 45° off. It finally got to me and i put it on straight.

Leave a comment:

• ricko1966
    replied
    Had to do one of mine last weekend. In case you didn't know you do not have to remove the lower cross member just slide it towards the passenger side I left the whole passenger side alone just popped the axle loose from the tranny. Popped the drivers side unbolted the strut mount and slid the whole strut axle attached uot of my way. Never even fired up the compressor,didn't even jack up the passenger side I think in and out was about an hour.
    I see where I confused everyone ,I read you had to remove the stabilizer bar to remove the crossmember. When I said I didn't remove the crossmember that wasn't worded right it is unbolted from everything and just slid out of the way with the stabilizer bar still in place, sorry for the confusion

Leave a comment:

• ricko1966
    replied
    I am doing this from memory and maybe not remembering or maybe not wording something right. I unbolted the trans from the cross member and crossmember from the frame the cross member didn't want to come out with the stabilzer bar in place so I just pushed it towards the passenger side, and kept on going.
    By the way if I didn't want to build/use/didn't have that bar I made. My second choice would be a 4x4 and a ratchet strap that way there is nothing under the car to get in your way and by raising or lowering your strap you can change the entry angle going in and out with the trans.f. That bar is so handy because I can raise and lower my engine change the angle.Sometimes I just support one end with the come along which gives me crazy control over the engine angle sometimes I will hang the engine from the hooks and lift my trans into place with my come along.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X