Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After throwing a fit with all the tact and class of a three year old. I gathered my self, had a snack, and realized I only broke the inlet, not anything on the motor. So not so bad news. Plus now a have an excuse for a Junkin' trip.
    Yellow - '91 Festiva L - 5 speed

Comment

• The thermostat cover part number is E8BZ-8592-B (Motorcraft RH-26).
      Last edited by bravekozak; 11-22-2014, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        The thermostat cover part number is E8BZ-8592-B (Motorcraft RH-26).
        Wow, I've been looking everywhere for that! Thanks.
        Yellow - '91 Festiva L - 5 speed

Comment

• I have three spare used ones in the garage. Pm me if you can't find one. I'll let one go for $15 shipped.

Comment

• Twistiva: about 4 weeks ago - bought brand new carpet for it. StockInteriors.com - highly recommended.
            Twistiva: Last night - washed it.
            Twistiva: Tonight - continue working on door panel/card design (colors/materials/layout) so I can have brand new door cards made.
            Laztiva: about 10 days ago - signed the paperwork that will get me legal ownership of it after previous owner defaulted on taking posession of it.
            88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
            88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
            91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
            93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Today I replaced my shift bushings. They made a world of difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Eric View Post
                Today I replaced my shift bushings. They made a world of difference.
                I think the ones near the transmission are finally giving up the ghost on mine. Last few days it has been fighting me when getting into gear, it isn't loose, it just doesn't feel like the gears want to fully engage, mainly 1st, 3rd, and 5th. Today when pulling onto the highway shifting from 4th to 5th, slammed the gas and ground the gears at about 4500rpms thinking I was all the way in gear. Also today at a stop light when it turned green, thought I was in first, hit the gas and nothing, and sat there almost in a panic to get going trying to force it into 1st, but it was refusing for a good 5 seconds before it finally went in. Probably crawl under the car tomorrow and look at the bushings at the transmission while I have someone shift the gears.

I do have a Civic shortshifter though, but I seriously doubt that is the problem, since I have been driving it for over 2 years with it on the car and not having a problem.
                1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I installed new headlamp assemblies, a new speedometer cable, a new air filter, and a passenger side mirror. Later this weekend I'm draining and filling the radiator and plastidipping the bumpers. If my new head unit shows up in time, I'll install that as well.
                  Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                  Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                  White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                  White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                  Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                  Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                  Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                  White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

• Originally posted by Axlander9289 View Post
                    I installed new headlamp assemblies, a new speedometer cable, a new air filter, and a passenger side mirror. Later this weekend I'm draining and filling the radiator and plastidipping the bumpers. If my new head unit shows up in time, I'll install that as well.
                    How well does the plastidipp stay on the bumper covers? How many coats do you apply?
                    88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                    88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                    91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                    93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

• Originally posted by Twistiva View Post
                      How well does the plastidipp stay on the bumper covers? How many coats do you apply?
                      I couldn't tell you. I've only plastidipped wheels up until now. My brother, ThisVelologist, is the expert when it comes to plastidipping Festiva bumpers.
                      Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
                      Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
                      White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
                      White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
                      Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
                      Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
                      Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
                      White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

• Resurrected the '90 after about 10 months off the road. New/used Aspire rack, new tie rods, new lower trans/engine mount, exhaust welded, oil change. Got an alignment yesterday, tires in a few weeks. Gonna try and find a nice price on Firestone Winterforce 175/70-13s. Boy she runs good for the hard life she's had.

Tune-up on the '89. NGK plugs and wires, new cap/rotor, new pcv valve and fuel filter. Washed the air filter. Now to find enough time in Indiana to fix the fairly major oil leak.. job keeping me in hotels 20-24 days/month makes that fairly difficult.

Joe
                        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                        1988 LX 5-speed
                        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

• Made a front strut bar. Adjustable too. Pretty sweet.
                          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

• Sweet! But will you need that with no engine!?
                            Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                            Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                            Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                            Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                            http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Yeah, you'll need a little more horsepower to take advantage of it lol! Looks good though!

Comment

• Originally posted by drddan View Post
                                Sweet! But will you need that with no engine!?
                                Originally posted by zoe60 View Post
                                Yeah, you'll need a little more horsepower to take advantage of it lol! Looks good though!
                                You two took the words right out of my mouth On the plus side, my car is now faster than Flyin4stroke's.... at least for a day or two.
                                Ian
                                Calgary AB, Canada
                                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Working...
                                X