Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mighty raw 1.8l Mazda roar

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk
    88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

• Covered up the wires I had to run to the ECU with that plastic flex shielding to make the engine bay a little more presentable, topped up the radiator, and put the fender back into place.

Might do some more before the day is out.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Got the old exhaust off finally, then it started to rain.

Curse you mother nature!!

Comment

• Took the Wheels\tires off a wrecked festiva (blue) the other day. I'm going to use the tires to pick up a rust free Festiva down south next week.
          most of the parts or some will be switched to the rust free one.

1993 Ford Festiva L blue 170,000 miles
          1990 Ford Festiva L Plus white 190,000 Auto, currently waiting to have another engine put in.
          1995 Ford F150 XLT black 203,000 miles
          2002 Honda CRV silver 180,000 miles
          2003 Toyota Rav4 Sport black 94,000 miles
          2008 Sym Rv250 dark grey 30,000 miles. My scooter.
          1989 Ford Festiva LX black 233,000 miles. Sold to my better half's son.

Mike

Comment

• Found my coolant leak, a hose going into the IAC valve was damaged during the swap. Was a pain to get back on after cutting off the damaged section.

Also got the exhaust in a drivable state, and got the ECU tucked back up in the dashboard.

Comment

• Dropped of my wheels to get sandblasted and powder coated. Excited to see how they will look when finished.

Comment

• Getting very frustrated with my BP swap.

after finally getting the exhaust on, and fixing the coolant leak, it now only starts when it feels like it, and once it does start I can hear it missing, along with what sounds like a vacuum leak coming from around the throttle plate area.

I did have to remove the throttle body to get at the hose for the IAC that was leaking, but I put the gasket back the way it was, and got the bolts down really snug, and no signs of pinched wires.

I will go try and take care of it later, maybe the hose connector rolled over underneath the intake.

Sweating balls out there. lol

Comment

• Nope, found out that half the gasket was missing behind the throttle plate. Luckily I found one locally for like $3

But, now the belt is squealing like a banshee. angry9:

I FRIGGIN HATE V-BELTS!!!!

Comment

• Deleted a piece of the intake tube that was preventing me from closing the hood all the way.

Comment

• I swear I am the only one who posts here anymore. lol

Well looks like my axle seal on the passenger side is leaking pretty fast.

Picked up a new seal, axle must've damaged the seal when it popped out of the transmission when I was dropping the BP in.

I should attempt to fix it tomorrow so it is ready for Ohiostiva.

In a couple days I am going to have a buddy from work weld up my exhaust.

A Cherry bomb resonator, with a Thrush Turbo Muffler. Can't wait to hear how it sounds. lol

Comment

• Just to keep you company... I rebuilt the passenger side front hub this evening with Timken bearings and seals. Also had a resonator installed in the exhaust system to take some of the highway drone out of it. Will probably rebuild the entire system prior to our next road trip in August.
                        Ian
                        Calgary AB, Canada
                        93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                        59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Due to my work schedule, which has finally changed back to my weekend shift, I haven't done much to mine except drive it.
                          Jerry
                          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Ever since I did my engine swap people have been asking for help with their cars left and right I can't find hardly any time to work on mine. But I did manage to get a pic of mine next to a humvee today.

Comment

• The front suspension fell out, along with the steering rack hmmmmmm

20160529_160801.jpg
                              Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• I'll play -
                                I found out yesterday that my beastiva's rear battery conversion was done using cheap speaker cable as battery cables! So today I replaced them with real 2ga battery cables and it starts much easier. Also installed a stebel nautilus horn to replace the weak sounding stocker, rewelded some broken exhaust mounts, tightened some more loose bolts I found, and about to replace the rusted out 12v receptacle.. busy day, but she's about ready for her first autoX!
                                1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

Working...
                                X