Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mine are pretty bad as well.

I repaired the passenger's side by cutting as much rust out as I could, and using fibreglass bondo to patch it all up. Driver's side needs attention though.

Driver's side is going to be a pain with the brake, and fuel lines in the way.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-01-2014, 11:39 AM.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Damned wheel cylinder is already leaking.............

*bashes head into wall*

Hell I don't know what to do. I am actually afraid of ordering anything decent from rockauto, because I don't know how long those parts have been sitting around, and the rubber seals are probably perished.

Also the wheel cylinder I just put on there had a really mangy bag that looks 20 year old, and was stapled shut. Also said made in italy, that should probably tell you quality right there. *sigh* Not much better than Chinese made.
      Last edited by TorqueEffect; 10-01-2014, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Im just glad we dont live in the same state . My wife and kids are riding around out there.
        The car is done it needs removed from on road use .
        New build on the way .

Comment

• Originally posted by shadetree View Post
          Im just glad we dont live in the same state . My wife and kids are riding around out there.
          The car is done it needs removed from on road use .
          Frame is still completely solid from front to back. Still got allot of life left in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by iriegnome View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16400[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16401[/ATTACH]
            Before - No floors any more
            After - Hacked together, but working floor again!
            Not yours torque . Is this not the car that the door settled and does not shut correctly ?
            New build on the way .

Comment

• I almost tripped and fell down the front steps while running to the junkyard for the stainless Sentra wiper mod. I think I may have gotten the wrong ones. The passenger wiper blade just kisses the r/h windshield molding. I also changed the r/h power window motor. It still goes up a lot slower than the drivers side. Next time I will check if there is binding in the glass run channels or resistance in the wiring. I changed my finger pulls from gray to black.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 10-02-2014, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• I like the Sentra Wiper Mod, gotta get me some.
                An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Passenger Floor boar before.jpg
                  Here is my Passenger side!! Did not snap a pic of the finished version, but I still have to seal it and undercoat it, I will add pic's of before and after by tomorrow! (If my daughter isn't driving it all day)

Comment

• I retired mine to a yard only car. 400acres so when I need something out back yonder I take the Aspire.

I agree. It's just ridiculous getting water up my crotch when I clip standing water.

Door all still latch like it's spickin' new.
                    Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Comment

• Oddly enough, I checked Four Green for floorpan pricing, and it costs $153.33 + shipping.
                      Last edited by bravekozak; 10-04-2014, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                        I almost tripped and fell down the front steps while running to the junkyard for the stainless Sentra wiper mod. I think I may have gotten the wrong ones. The passenger wiper blade just kisses the r/h windshield molding. I also changed the r/h power window motor. It still goes up a lot slower than the drivers side. Next time I will check if there is binding in the glass run channels or resistance in the wiring. I changed my finger pulls from gray to black.
                        Just use a shorter blade on pass side. I use 17' passenger side and 18" on drivers side. They look like the right ones (1987-1990) if they weren't they wouldn't fit! I want to 3 JY's last weekend to find some for my 92. Didn't have a single Sentra in those years. No other years will fit. Way different!

Nice pulls. I have the same on my 88
                        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• I got the 92 inspected and plated today! The Black 92 GL is finally on the road !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by drddan; 10-04-2014, 03:34 PM.
                          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

• Congrats!! I look forward to seeing it one of these days.
                            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Tested out the heater when I drove it.

Getting friggin' cold already. supposed to get down to 36F tonight. Brrrrrrr.

Comment

• I sprayed it with the silicon spay, greased the slide helped some but still not what I want. Thanks for the advise.
                                1991 Festiva EFI
                                Papabug

Comment

Working...
                                X