Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a spec clutch in my g series if the stickers are to be believed and an old for sale ad. Either way, I love it. I don't beat it up, but it engages nicely and really grabs. When I first got the car the clutch was very stiff and temperamental, but the more I drive it the better it gets; I think it was pretty new and not broke in.

Comment

• Car is back on the car and running. Now to attend to the stabilizer bar. Need to get me a stud, and jbweld it to the damaged boss. Extremely sloppy shifting with that stabilizer bar just tied up to the steering rack. So as long as I am gentle, I can get into all the gears just fine. After that it will need at least some cheap tie-rod ends since my brother who is a professional mechanic said they are pretty bad, then take it to this place that I saw that does $30 alignments.
      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
        Car is back on the car and running. Now to attend to the stabilizer bar. Need to get me a stud, and jbweld it to the damaged boss. Extremely sloppy shifting with that stabilizer bar just tied up to the steering rack. So as long as I am gentle, I can get into all the gears just fine. After that it will need at least some cheap tie-rod ends since my brother who is a professional mechanic said they are pretty bad, then take it to this place that I saw that does $30 alignments.
        If it's just new outer tie rod ends you need, PM me and I'll give you a deal you can't refuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
          If it's just new outer tie rod ends you need, PM me and I'll give you a deal you can't refuse.
          Forgot to wish you a merry Christmas, tried to pm you again and your inbox is full. Lol

Comment

• cleaning seats

I got my hog ring pliers yesterday, so have been busy dismantling seats. The back is done, now on to the fronts.
            100_1223.jpg
            When I started on the front seat I found a surprise
            100_1225.jpg
            Two total so far, they look like they could sting a feller
            100_1227.jpg
            Pictures from when I changed valve cover gasket last week.
            100_1206.jpg
            100_1205.jpg

Comment

• Just got back from the finger lakes. The Bosch B6 distributor cap that I picked up, fits just fine. I have four or five used B3 distributors that would be happy to donate a couple of wires for the sake of science. I will not need the wire to the barometric pressure sensor, since the B6 ignition module does not support that type of signal for advance.

hopeful, a pair of compound action Knipex mini cutters will make removing the old hog rings a piece of cake. Be sure to presoak the covers to get most of the dirt out before you throw it in the washing machine. The water will be black as coal.
              Last edited by bravekozak; 12-23-2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                Forgot to wish you a merry Christmas, tried to pm you again and your inbox is full. Lol
                And a Merry one to you too. I have now cleaned out my inbox.
                Last edited by 1990new; 12-23-2014, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Trying to figure out how to attach the shifter stabilizer bar to the transmission when the stud is missing, and the boss is damaged.

Comment

• Picked up 8 quarts of Valvoline racing synthetic 10w30 for less than $7 total. One of the AutoZones on my route were clearing it out for a dollar a quart, so combined with my discount it came to like $6.50.

Comment

• I discovered today that the extra M4 X 0.7 stainless steel screws that I bought for my fuel tank sender, also fit both external holes on the distributor housing. I will install it tomorrow morning and report back.
                      Also Justin Sparr from ACP Composites emailed me regarding a cheap, rigid, lightweight cards for my doors. We shall see.

Comment

• Today I tried to figure out why my headlights weren't working. No success. Power goes through my combination switch, but does not make it to the headlamps. They used to work! If I take off my driver's fender and find a mouse ate through my 89 headlamp wires, it will be mouse warfare time. I already have glue traps set up on top of all the blocks holding the car up in the air.
                        I changed the brown glovebox latch on the gray glovebox with a gray one.
                        I also changed distributors. I encountered a serious problem. the ignition module terminals are slightly smaller on the 1986 B6 distributor.
                        Last edited by bravekozak; 12-27-2014, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Replaced the Ford grill emblem with the new one I got from Green Sales Company.
                          93 GL

Comment

• My Festiva is going to love me for a long while after my next oil change. Picked up more high quality oil for her today for $1/quart plus my autozoner discount. Picked up 19 quarts of Kendall GT-1 Synblend with Titanium, 10 quarts of it are 10w-30 for the warmer months, and 9 quarts of it are 5w-30 for the cooler months. Granted 10w-30 is just fine as long as it doesn't get below zero which it rarely does in Ohio. No more Walmart or Mejier brand for my car for a while, though she is going to be spoiled rotten once she has to go back. :p

Also picked up 7 quarts of Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF for $1/quart, normally $10/quart. 2 Quarts of Valvoline Dextron ATF (Might just use it for crankcase cleaning. Also 1 quart of Valvoline Dex/Merc for $1.

So yeah everyone, check all you local Autozones, and you might be able to find these deals too. Look specifically for the Kendall, and Valvoline, and Castrol stuff. Some stores already don't even have a space on the shelf anymore for Kendall. The Mobile 1 ATF is coming out with a new formula as well, but I have only seen the new stuff in only 1 Autozone in my area so far, and some stores still have the old stuff, but don't have it clearanced yet.

I know almost ever single Autozone I have been to on my routes has the Valvoline ATF fluids on clearance, but most of it has been bought up.

Comment

• Use caution! Titanium is combustable, especially in a liquid state, and it's nasty stuff when you start it on fire. lol
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                                Use caution! Titanium is combustable, especially in a liquid state, and it's nasty stuff when you start it on fire. lol
                                Soooooo Charlie....what plans do you have for your two Festivas? What have you done to them so far?
                                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                                X