Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put a new battery and starter and a throttle cable on my 1993 festy, it was cold, 5 degrees out here in Nebraska, and I was on the driveway but I got it done, then went for a 5 mile test drive

Comment

• question, noticed my fan wasn't running, does it only run as needed, or should it always be running if the car is running?, by the way, I may ask a lot of questions since I am not a mechanic and don't know much about festys

Comment

• Originally posted by lance lindenmuth View Post
        question, noticed my fan wasn't running, does it only run as needed, or should it always be running if the car is running?
        Only runs as needed OR when the a/c compressor is on.

Comment

I put a new battery and starter and a throttle cable on my 1993 festy, it was cold, 5 degrees out here in Nebraska, and I was on the driveway but I got it done, then went for a 5 mile test drive
          Automatic?
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

question, noticed my fan wasn't running, does it only run as needed, or should it always be running if the car is running?, by the way, I may ask a lot of questions since I am not a mechanic and don't know much about festys

Fan is only supposed to come on when the key is in RUN (even if engine isn't running, so watch your fingers) and the coolant temperature is above 97°C (207°F)

It will also run continuously if the A/C is on.
            Last edited by bravekozak; 01-04-2015, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Installed a pair of strong arm hood lift supports. Going to do this on my Capri too!
              93 GL

Comment

• Originally posted by sactnato View Post
                Installed a pair of strong arm hood lift supports. Going to do this on my Capri too!
                Be sure and include pics of the Capri, I've thought about doing the same.
                Jack Byrd,
                1991 Capri
                1988 Festiva LX, 240K
                1970 Chev C10
                1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• Also interested in seeing how that works out
                  -Zack
                  Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

• I'm street legal now.....got my DEQ crap passed and my temporary permit so I've put on 25 miles today......great to be back in it after almost a year.
                    92 GL, 98k
                    77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• Redrilled the holes in the aftermarket RX7 steering wheel boss with a drill press, since the holes for the turn signal canceler were staggered and not straight across from each other like the Festiva needs. You get some clunky turn signal usage if you keep the stock RX7 hole setup.
                      1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                      2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                      1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• Drove it to work.

But going to be buying my friend's 1999 Monte Carlo ls for $500 here in a few days, it will give me the ability to give the car some downtime to do more extensive work to my Festiva. I also have given the Festiva a name, Ecoshi*box. lol

Comment

• I jigsawed two polycarbonate templates for both my door and hatch vapor barriers. I also cut out a separate template for a swoopy sail plate gasket. Nice.

Comment

• Replaced these worn out suspension parts and the drivers side front wheel bearings. Steering and supension is now right and tight.

"Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
                            “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

• Nothing, but I did get the title and plates for the 1998 Monte Carlo I bought off my friend.

He still needs to clean all his junk out of it, needs a new driver's seat since the back is broke. Using a couple old donuts to prop the seat up.

Nice having a car that actually has some power. Gas mileage will go down by about 10-15MPGs compared to the Festiva but helluvallot more comfortable car. Also has the bulletproof 3100 V6. But if it ever blows up, they can probably be had for pretty cheap considering how many GM cars are out there with 3100 V6s.

Comment

• Originally posted by dalebwilson View Post
                                Replaced these worn out suspension parts and the drivers side front wheel bearings. Steering and supension is now right and tight.

Looks like everything was in dire need of replacing lol.
                                gives you some good peace of mind.
                                Running 40psi.....in my tires.

http://aspire.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=611&st=0

Comment

Working...
                                X