Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    LOF and 4 tire balance... balance got worse :/
    just had 4 tires installed.... another $280 out of pocket but no more vibration!
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• I've got a low speed vibration/steering wheel shudder..
      Newish tires with less than 9,000 miles, too. They were just balanced and rotated to the front.
      I've just gotten used to these cars having noises and vibrations.
      ~Austin
      Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• low speed vibration is indicative of a shifted belt or bent hub. better have that looked at again...
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

• Mine is in the shop for an alignment and balance. I'm hoping that will take care of my shimmy at 60+mph. It doesn't vibrate at low speeds on mine. I hope that's a good thing!
          www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
          www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
          Snoopy's
          4621 Atlantic Ave
          Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

• Been driving and living out of my festiva for the last 1600 miles! The b6t is loving this 93 octane ya'll got over here in Bama!
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
              Been driving and living out of my festiva for the last 1600 miles! The b6t is loving this 93 octane ya'll got over here in Bama!
              Man, I'm loving the guys that are coming to madness from such a far distance! Awesome!
              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

• wow thats a long drive!! you coming in fri. night or sat?
                Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                  wow thats a long drive!! you coming in fri. night or sat?
                  Should be in around noonish tomorrow ( Friday) if all goes well. Gonna need a place to freshen up myself and the car if anyone has any suggestions. I have never been to N.C. before.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Recieved my new Denso O2 sensor . Been PB Blasting old one for 2 days. They sell a O2 senson socket, is this needed or desireable? Also recieved my dash Clock today, did a test fit. Looks great, will wire later, to late today.
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                      Should be in around noonish tomorrow ( Friday) if all goes well. Gonna need a place to freshen up myself and the car if anyone has any suggestions. I have never been to N.C. before.
                      ill be in charlotte around 11am tomorrow if thats on your way, you can caravan with us. 828 450-8054 text or call me. danny also if youare going to be near asheville around 8-830 am call me & you can get a quick shower @ my house then follow me to charlotte. lmk danny 828 450-8054 text or call
                      Last edited by kumalaba; 09-29-2011, 07:03 PM.
                      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

• Wash n waxed it n got her aligned !

-M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• Changed the oil, balanced and rotated my tires, topped everything off, including the jugs in the back. (free fluids at work!)
                          Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                          93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                          91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                          93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                          15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                          88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

• Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                            Recieved my new Denso O2 sensor . Been PB Blasting old one for 2 days. They sell a O2 senson socket, is this needed or desireable? Also recieved my dash Clock today, did a test fit. Looks great, will wire later, to late today.
                            I bought one when I changed mine.
                            For $7 for a tool I will use for the rest of my life.
                            I used the socket on a 3/8" wrench and put my jack handle over the wrench. The sensor broke loose with little effort thanks to the leverage. I don't think I used any penetrating fluid either. My car has no rust, though.

I would recommend the socket. You can get your hands out of the engine bay so it is less likely to smash/gash something and you can add cheater bars for leverage. You also wouldn't want to round that thing off using a crescent or open end wrench
                            ~Austin
                            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

• Finished the funtop headliner sewing, just need some upholstery adhesive to finish it off.
                              89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                              94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                              2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                              1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

• I refined my sleeper trailer and put in a floor protector. I cut the rug to fit and stapled it to the board. I folded up a mattress box and wrapped it in a mattress "wrapper". Then I wrapped, loaded, and secured a BP for motoxpress and a 323 auto trans for crazyrog17.
                                youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                                X