Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put a new belt on (old one was squealing allot, and was missing quite a few teeth.) One annoying thing about having a/c, you have to remove that belt to get the alt/wp belt off.

Also removed the ebay mushroom filter, because I don't trust it anymore, and put the stock drilled airbox back in with a new air filter.

And I relocated the horn behind the grille.

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    I hope you used a magnetic drain plog.

You need a new plastic cup with yellow grease in the bottom.
    Yep, have one that I got from Autozone a couple oil changes ago, so far so good though, nothing found on it. Why the concern though?

Also yes, too bad that plastic piece is impossible to find on it's own. But we already discussed this in the thread I made.
    1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
    2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
    1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I picked up my welded fuel flap popper today and delivered it straight to the paint shop along with the printed spoiler caps. Picture day will be on Wednesday. I am currently working on my center armrest this evening. I have decided not to install the Mini Cooper drink holder on the right hand side of the radio. I will discard the storage bin under the center armrest and weld in a drink holder. I will be thinking about refridgeration.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 12-28-2015, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Installed a new remote start.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
        '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
        '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
        '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
        '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
        '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
        '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
        '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

• Originally posted by David88 View Post
          Installed a new remote start.
          I presume it is not wired to the ECU. Most new cars cannot remote start with any error codes in memory.

What make of remote?

Comment

• Nope. Its a Scytek

'90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
            '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.

Comment

• Is it the one with the combo alarm?
              If so, you could wire the alarm from the door latch circuit to the Scytek to the horn. It should disable the starter.

Is it the Mobilink 5000 with an app for your cell phone?
              Last edited by bravekozak; 12-29-2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• It's wired to the brake pedal. Push it without the key and it dies.

'90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.

Comment

• I really like that idea. I am going to see if I can wire my Viper like that.

Comment

• Got the belt to stop slipping, but basically had to tighten it as much as I could, the bearings are probably going to suffer though.

Also replaced all the pinch clamps with proper clamps to hopefully get rid of my vacuum leak that's being a complete bitch to find. I think it might possibly be the IAC valve, but it's hard to tell. I would just buy a new one and throw it on there, but rockauto doesn't have them, and autozone on ebay wants over $500 for one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Idle-Air-Con...xWH8t-&vxp=mtr

Comment

• Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
                      Got the belt to stop slipping, but basically had to tighten it as much as I could, the bearings are probably going to suffer though.

Also replaced all the pinch clamps with proper clamps to hopefully get rid of my vacuum leak that's being a complete bitch to find. I think it might possibly be the IAC valve, but it's hard to tell. I would just buy a new one and throw it on there, but rockauto doesn't have them, and autozone on ebay wants over $500 for one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Idle-Air-Con...xWH8t-&vxp=mtr
                      Some people do a delete of that. I'm not sure how. If you can find one at a junkyard then that would he super cheap. I efi converted my festiva and it costed about $200 that included the IAC.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk
                      88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Meepersly View Post
                        Some people do a delete of that. I'm not sure how. If you can find one at a junkyard then that would he super cheap. I efi converted my festiva and it costed about $200 that included the IAC.

Sent from my Z936L using Tapatalk
                        Actually I am being a dummy, unless there is a actual leak on the IAC itself, which is highly unlikely, it is still metered air, so it wouldn't be a vacuum leak, but probably would cause a high idle if the valve wasn't closing enough.

Comment

• 2016 044.jpg2016 045.jpg2016 047.jpg2016 048.jpg2016 052.jpg2016 055.jpg

Well, paint wise the car is done....just finished the wheels, dressed them with new tires, stems, and lugs too. A few more mechanical things and its on to the next project.....my 77 C10 short box......
                          92 GL, 98k
                          77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• That looks great.

'90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                            '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.

Comment

• Originally posted by David88 View Post
                              That looks great.

Thanks.....took me forever....lol.
                              92 GL, 98k
                              77 Chevy shortbed

Comment

• what did you use to paint your alloys ? thinking of doing this on mine

Comment

Working...
                                X