Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skswig62 View Post
    Drove it to town about 20 miles each way. Check the mileage the other day I am getting 37.5. on a four speed with stock engine 1988
    A longer drive will net you better mileage.
    Short trips kill MPG.
    Have seen data from people with your configuration, Carbie with 4spd, that hit 45+ MPG.
    But again we are talking extended highway driving.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• Yesterday I loaded 16 bags of bark mulch into it and drove it home from the hardware store

Comment

• During the last two weeks I have removed, cleaned and flushed all the AC components on my Yellow 90 LPlus (25 years old and 95,000 miles on her).
        On Friday I replaced the components (including a new accumulator/dryer, and expansion valve) and installed a rebuilt compressor (added 8 ounces of ester oil this time).
        I think the 10oz of pag oil that I used in my first two rebuilds was too much.
        The rebuilt compress I bought did not come with a clutch or manifold, so I had to transfer those parts from my old compressor. (The old compressor still builds up pressure but not as good as the rebuilt one..I'm going to see if I can order a rebuild kit and rebuild it myself.)
        I ran the vaccum pump on the system from Friday night to Saturday morning, turned off the vacuum and let it sit for an hour -- thankfully, the negative gauge readings didn't budge.
        I then charged the system with 134a and now it is working like new (temp quickly gets to 50 degrees at the center vent).

Comment

• Rear inner wheel bearing almost exploded. Changed it in Wendy's parking lot with the help of Gomez. Thanks! Also installed the Rio front struts. Test fit my wheels on my aspire rear end and they will fit! That might have to happen this weekend will take pics.

Comment

• TominMO and I put new tie rod end and lower control/ball joint in. Still need to do axles in on the new one. Tom also put my new shifter bushings in and we had to re bleed the brakes. Had fun but It was chilly.

Comment

• Fixed my brake line so it doesnt leak anymore! Time to do my brake booster and calipers!
              1993 Festiva L "Wendy" BP n' stuff
              2013 Mazdaspeed 3 "The Kraken" -Stock.

Dave Forget

Comment

• Originally posted by jhli View Post
                TominMO and I put new tie rod end and lower control/ball joint in. Still need to do axles in on the new one. Tom also put my new shifter bushings in and we had to re bleed the brakes. Had fun but It was chilly.
                Damn, I'm going to have to bring my car over and let TominMO work on mine!
                One of you guy's needs to get a garage, so you don't have to work in the weather.
                '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                Your holy ghost will not save you.
                Your God plutonium will not save you.
                In fact...
                ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

• I scored numbers 28 and 29 today. 8)
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• This is the parts car. But also scored a driver. Pics later.
                    youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

• Man, I get so jealous whenever I see people get rust free cars.

But anyway, I cleaned the trash out, and moved the heavy toolbox to the parts car. Also to switched back to the B6 IAC valve, had been running on the B3 one for a while to see if that cured the idle problems, and no it didn't, I was just too lazy to switch it back out because it wasn't causing any issues, it just looked sloppy since the B3 IAC is set up different and won't bolt to the B6 intake, so it was kinda just hanging there.
                        Last edited by TorqueEffect; 09-15-2014, 06:42 PM.
                        1991 Ford Festiva BP (Full Aspire/Rio Swap) (337k Miles) (Around 95k Engine)
                        2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport 2.2L DOHC Ecotec (Threw a Rod)
                        1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.1 V6 (225k miles) Best MPG = 28

Comment

• I stared blankly at mine, wondering why the money tree in my yard didn't produce anything this year. Hoping I can get the motor in by winter so the landlord gets off my back
                          1990 Festiva L "puddles". 187,000 mi. All stock, B8 coming this fall to a festiva near you

Do not write below this line; for office use only

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                            During the last two weeks I have removed, cleaned and flushed all the AC components on my Yellow 90 LPlus (25 years old and 95,000 miles on her).
                            On Friday I replaced the components (including a new accumulator/dryer, and expansion valve) and installed a rebuilt compressor (added 8 ounces of ester oil this time).
                            I think the 10oz of pag oil that I used in my first two rebuilds was too much.
                            The rebuilt compress I bought did not come with a clutch or manifold, so I had to transfer those parts from my old compressor. (The old compressor still builds up pressure but not as good as the rebuilt one..I'm going to see if I can order a rebuild kit and rebuild it myself.)
                            I ran the vaccum pump on the system from Friday night to Saturday morning, turned off the vacuum and let it sit for an hour -- thankfully, the negative gauge readings didn't budge.
                            I then charged the system with 134a and now it is working like new (temp quickly gets to 50 degrees at the center vent).
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16297[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16298[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16299[/ATTACH]
                            Dang that's a clean bay
                            Buck.
                            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

• festi paint 001.jpgfesti paint 002.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by skswig62 View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]16309[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16310[/ATTACH]
                                Nice job on the grille... The rest of your red paint looks good too.. Is that the original paint?

Comment

Working...
                                X