Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I added some Royal Purple ATF Max to my 5 speed.
    Broke another hold down ear on the speedo. gear.
    Now I need to find another one.
    Damn !
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

• Originally posted by Hatch View Post
      about to replace the rusted out 12v receptacle..
      hatch, Read thread 25935

Comment

• Wheel alignment and balance, found out my tie rod ends are worn. 2mm play on drivers side and 4mm on passengers. How much play do they have usually? Is it worth getting new ones or should I just get some from the wreckers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Personally, I would buy new ones. But only you know your budget and other factors. When it comes to suspension parts, I'm a firm believer in using new parts when they are available.
          Jerry
          Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
          90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
          92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
          93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

• Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
            funny enough, I did get one of the illuminated ones from oreillys - what a piece of junk! it's this tiny little halogen light that just kinda sorta casts light on the "lighted ring"

not a fan. just gonna go with a plain ole receptacle.
            1991 Beastiva L BP autoX'er

Comment

• Removed the passenger side sway bar bracket and wire wheeled it. Going to paint it soon for rust prevention, just didnt have the paint today. I plan on doing this for both sides.
              1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
              1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
              2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

• Ordered a valve core and cap kit and an oring seal kit from RockAuto so I will be ready to reinstall the AC in Nellie
                when my new compressor arrives.

Since my rebuilt compressor lasted less than two years, I opted for a new one this time.
                Last edited by 1990new; 05-30-2016, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• I picked up a set of 14x6.5 Eagle Alloys from a guy the other day for $80, they are in great shape. 20160601_182349.jpg The tires that are on them now are 195/60/14's and are dry rotted but I'm going to replace them with 185/60/14's because the 195mm tires rubbed just a little bit on the fender at a full turn and the 185mm should be about 12mm shorter. I test fitted them and realized that the rim was hitting the front Brake Calipers so i just took an angle grinder to it and shaved the caliper down a few mm.

20160527_202112_001.jpg
                  Being 6.5 inches wide they stick out a little bit but they were only $80 and I think it is going to look good when I'm done.
                  "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                  sigpic
                  "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                  "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                  "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                  "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Technically last night, but I installed gas struts on my hood. Now I have proper hood support. I love it!
                    1990 L Plus Stock B3 automatic -scrapped- My First Festiva - RIP
                    1991 GL - B6d, g-series trans, aspire brakes, Advanced Suspension coilovers, Miata 7 spoke rims, '98 Prelude seats, more to come!
                    2005 Focus ZX4 SES - purchased from original owner, my grandmother. Currently my wife's daily. 210k

You can follow me on instagram @twfodor

Comment

• I have also been slowing changing struts, outer tie rod ends and control arms. Iv'e only got the left side done so far, the rear left took me about 45 minutes to get that bottom bolt back in... I oiled up the rubber grommets and it still didn't want to slide into place very easily, had to pull out the 3lb sledge hammer and a pry bar!
                      "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                      sigpic
                      "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                      "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                      "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                      "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• I put a heated rear window in the youngest sons car today
                        Whoa, that was fun!

Comment

• Installed a roof rack

Sent from my HUAWEI H892L using Tapatalk
                          88 Ford Festiva LX "Miogi" B8-ME swapped.

93 Ford Festiva L "Haywire" Rat infested trashcan WIP

Comment

• What brand of roof rack is that.
                            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• Originally posted by firebush357 View Post
                              I picked up a set of 14x6.5 Eagle Alloys from a guy the other day for $80, they are in great shape. [ATTACH=CONFIG]19689[/ATTACH] The tires that are on them now are 195/60/14's and are dry rotted but I'm going to replace them with 185/60/14's because the 195mm tires rubbed just a little bit on the fender at a full turn and the 185mm should be about 12mm shorter. I test fitted them and realized that the rim was hitting the front Brake Calipers so i just took an angle grinder to it and shaved the caliper down a few mm.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19690[/ATTACH]
                              Being 6.5 inches wide they stick out a little bit but they were only $80 and I think it is going to look good when I'm done.
                              165 55 14 will fit the car much better and the car will drive and handle better than the wider, and taller tires. These cars get better traction with narrower tires. The 165mm tires will fit nicely on 6.5" rims.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• The wife and I are in process of buying a 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom house with lots of rooms on 1.2 acres of land that has a 3-year old 30 x 33-ft full steel workshop on it wire with 110 & 220-volt.

The workshop is for my fleet: 1990 5-spd street car, 1993 5-spd parts car, 1993 shell soon to be race car, 1996 wrecked Aspire for suspension & brakes and a soon to be picked up from Brian in West Virginia 1993 Festiva with a 1.8 BP engine, G transmission, reworked suspension, big brakes, 14-in rims etc.

We should be moving in sometime in July and if anyone wants to help move unlicensed and barely roadworthy Festiva's about a mile over public roads, plus about a million boxes, let me know!!!

Payment is with burgers, beer and a bed for the night!

Doug Brown
                                New Bern, NC

Comment

Working...
                                X