Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my grille painted and new tires and axle on, it's pretty awesome now haha
    93 Festiva B6 5spd

Comment

• cahman8, what you have there is whats know as a Sport Festiva, good find, we look forward to seeing what you do with it. congrats.
      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• sodakfastiva, great picture and ya those are nice wheels.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

• After all this time the Festiva is quiet.. so quiet you can hear everything else that's broken. Thought the growl was transmission related since I thought the hub was good from my auto, apparently not. Only took a hour on this one to rebuild. The Festiva makes a excellent kayak transporter, inflatable only right now.
          91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

• Well, I finally got around to changing the valve cover gasket on Lil Red. I did it on the 92 Lil Blue about month ago too. Should have remember I needed a new gasket for throttle body head after doing 92 but forgot and lucky I had gasket material and made a new gasket for this one. Love working on these little cars.
            Thom-Lifes too short, don't blink
            93 Festiva (Little Red Truck)
            01 F-150 (Big Red Truck)

Comment

• I've done quite a bit to the car since my last visit here (March?). My motorcycle habit takes over when the weather breaks, which means the Festiva is virtually relegated until I need to do a grocery run.

Anyway, the most recent job was to replace the timing belt, tensioner, water pump and timing cover dust seal. Not pictured: new v-belts. I also installed a new drain cock because I wanted the still-functional original to carry as a spare.

-and-

Comment

• Cleaning up the car for Westiva and came across this....

That's the lower brake pad retaining pin off the passenger side. I think that's probably the source of the unpleasant noises coming from that side under braking!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
                Ian
                Calgary AB, Canada
                93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                  Cleaning up the car for Westiva and came across this....

That's the lower brake pad retaining pin off the passenger side. I think that's probably the source of the unpleasant noises coming from that side under braking!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
                  You can get these on RockAuto for a couple dollars.
                  "The White Turd" 1993 Festiva 144k miles. (Winner of FOTM November 2016)
                  sigpic
                  "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

"Papa Smurf" 1992 Blue 5 Speed Shell
                  "Cracker?" (name pending) 1992 White Auto Shell (Future BP Swap)
                  "Green Car..." Scrap Car that Runs?!?
                  "Red Car..." Complete Scrap Car

"El Flama Blanca" 1993 Festiva 104k miles. (Lil Brothers Car)
                  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzM...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

• Looking at that picture reminded me of my brakes.
                    I just finished painting another Aspire brake caliper. I had to return the old one.
                    They initially sold me one manual caliper and one auto caliper.
                    The second time they sold me a second R/H auto caliper in a left hand box.
                    The third time, I finally got a matching pair of auto calipers (a left and a right).
                    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-13-2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• I cleaned the head and looked around the engine bay of number 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
                      1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
                      1983 Chevy Elcamino
                      1993 Ford Festiva GL
                      2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
                      some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

• Installed dealer ac, sourced from many junkyard cars
                        Donn

Comment

• Wednesday: Installed new alternator and compressor v-belts.

Yesterday: Added refrigerant to restore functionality to the A/C system. It's a bit surreal to have working air now.

Today: Painted the gray cargo cover Desert Sand using a specialty Dupi-Color paint. The effect is quite nice. The lift ropes were reblacked with shoe polish and were drying in the sun when the photos were taken.

Comment

• Looks Good!
                            sigpic
                            "The Rusty Banana" 1990 Yellow 5 Speed Mud Festiva (Lifted with 27" BKT Tractor Tires)(Winner of "Best Beater Award" - Madness 12 - 2018)

Comment

• 2017-07-18 Rebuild Right Knuckle (1).jpg2017-07-18 Rebuild Right Knuckle (2).jpg

Rebuild a right steering knuckle using my nos OEM hub and new rotor.
                              That's black caliper paint on the knuckle and shield.
                              Last edited by 1990new; 07-18-2017, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1990new View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]21245[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21246[/ATTACH]

Rebuild a right steering knuckle using my nos OEM hub and new rotor.
                                That's black caliper paint on the knuckle and shield.
                                So Minty :brushteeth:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X