Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWFodor
    replied
    Replaced the tie rod end on the driver's side. My plan is to replace the inner sometime in the next few days, because I didn't have the tool for it today.

Leave a comment:

• navdoc101
    replied
    Painted & installed the Power Mirrors I got from gottafesty !
    They work prefect ! !
    And look good !

Leave a comment:

• crazyrog17
    replied
    The seatbelt module might have a bad relay or connection. With the belt still connected, probe for power at the motor

Leave a comment:

• Team Lightning
    replied
    My "what have you done" started yesterday. I left Lavonia at 5:30am and met Shadetree at the junction of I-77 and I-81 in Virginia at approx 11:00. I swapped cars with him and picked up my silver 90L which now has a B6D in it. It ran good on my 300 mile trip back home. Today, I had my new 165-55-14 Federal Tires installed, had the front end aligned and a new quieter muffler installed. Once home, I replaced my non working auto belt track on the drivers side, only to find that my spare didn't work.
    Still working on a seat belt solution for it. Next week, lowering the suspension to match my new tires.

Thank you Shadetree for another job well done!!
    Last edited by Team Lightning; 05-21-2015, 08:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TWFodor
    replied
    Yesterday I cleaned my seats extensively with a Bissell carpet cleaner. They turned out pretty nice. Judging by the dirtiness of the water, they hadn't been thoroughly cleaned in a loooong time.

Leave a comment:

• blake4591
    replied
    Yesterday, I changed out the alternator on my blue BP swapped car. It wasn't nearly as much of a pain as I thought it would be, just have to do almost everything from under the car. I finally got to drive to work this morning with no charge light after ignoring it for months. I also fix the rear brake adjuster that had fallen apart in the drum so I have an E-brake again. I just need to put some new front brakes on and it'll be ready for the trip down to Ohio on the 30th.

Leave a comment:

• TWFodor
    replied
    Cleaned and painted flat black 2 of my 4 new steelies. Not much accomplished since I had to work

Leave a comment:

• 1990new
    replied
    Put a FestivaMadness decal on Trixie.

Festiva Madness decal.jpg

I would put a Fordfestiva.com decal on one of my Festivas but the one that I won in the "value of the coins in the jar" contest a few year ago still hasn't shown up.
    Last edited by 1990new; 05-17-2015, 09:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    I need to do this too. I currently have no gaskets on there at all. lol
    Don't forget the old mousepad trick.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
    Today, I finally got around to changing my taillight gaskets.
    I need to do this too. I currently have no gaskets on there at all. lol

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Today, I finally got around to changing my taillight gaskets.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 05-17-2015, 07:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by TorqueEffect View Post
    It's nice to be actually able to get good coverage to actually wash your windshield instead of hoping for rain just so you can wash off the big spot of bird crap.
    You must learn to stop parking directly under trees and telephone wires all of the time. I didn't tell anyone how I incrementally drilled the hole larger, then smoothed the rough edge with a Dremel grinder, then carefully notched it, followed with a little touch up paint.

Leave a comment:

• william
    replied
    Swapped out the junk speedometer cable for A good one.
    And drove it for the first time in almost a year.
    Topped off the tank with fresh gas and aired up the tires.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Swapped the LX hatch onto my dd, and installed the Smart Car washer nozzle.

I recommend the washer nozzle to anyone who doesn't mind modifying the hole in the hood for it. It's nice to be actually able to get good coverage to actually wash your windshield instead of hoping for rain just so you can wash off the big spot of bird crap.
    Last edited by TorqueEffect; 05-14-2015, 09:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• muleskinner
    replied
    I was driving my 89' Festiva (Shadow) last night and got tired of it stalling all the time when I go down hill or come to a stop, so I hobbled out of the car & tweaked the idle speed a tad and it fixed it!
    Also the head lights decided to go out again too so I pressed in the inline fuse and ta-da! fixed!! Someday I will have to replace that inline fuse .....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X