Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shin Hayata
    replied
    Wednesday: Installed new alternator and compressor v-belts.

Yesterday: Added refrigerant to restore functionality to the A/C system. It's a bit surreal to have working air now.

Today: Painted the gray cargo cover Desert Sand using a specialty Dupi-Color paint. The effect is quite nice. The lift ropes were reblacked with shoe polish and were drying in the sun when the photos were taken.

Leave a comment:

• twopass
    replied
    Installed dealer ac, sourced from many junkyard cars

Leave a comment:

• marinepolice03
    replied
    I cleaned the head and looked around the engine bay of number 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Looking at that picture reminded me of my brakes.
    I just finished painting another Aspire brake caliper. I had to return the old one.
    They initially sold me one manual caliper and one auto caliper.
    The second time they sold me a second R/H auto caliper in a left hand box.
    The third time, I finally got a matching pair of auto calipers (a left and a right).
    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-13-2017, 09:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    Cleaning up the car for Westiva and came across this....

That's the lower brake pad retaining pin off the passenger side. I think that's probably the source of the unpleasant noises coming from that side under braking!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
    You can get these on RockAuto for a couple dollars.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Cleaning up the car for Westiva and came across this....

That's the lower brake pad retaining pin off the passenger side. I think that's probably the source of the unpleasant noises coming from that side under braking!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Shin Hayata
    replied
    I've done quite a bit to the car since my last visit here (March?). My motorcycle habit takes over when the weather breaks, which means the Festiva is virtually relegated until I need to do a grocery run.

Anyway, the most recent job was to replace the timing belt, tensioner, water pump and timing cover dust seal. Not pictured: new v-belts. I also installed a new drain cock because I wanted the still-functional original to carry as a spare.

-and-

Leave a comment:

• milehighbear
    replied
    Well, I finally got around to changing the valve cover gasket on Lil Red. I did it on the 92 Lil Blue about month ago too. Should have remember I needed a new gasket for throttle body head after doing 92 but forgot and lucky I had gasket material and made a new gasket for this one. Love working on these little cars.

Leave a comment:

• ericsmith32
    replied
    After all this time the Festiva is quiet.. so quiet you can hear everything else that's broken. Thought the growl was transmission related since I thought the hub was good from my auto, apparently not. Only took a hour on this one to rebuild. The Festiva makes a excellent kayak transporter, inflatable only right now.

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    sodakfastiva, great picture and ya those are nice wheels.

Leave a comment:

• sc72
    replied
    cahman8, what you have there is whats know as a Sport Festiva, good find, we look forward to seeing what you do with it. congrats.

Leave a comment:

• sodakfastiva
    replied
    Finally got my grille painted and new tires and axle on, it's pretty awesome now haha

Leave a comment:

• cahman8
    replied
    Last month I bought 3 for $800 with one of them being a daily driver, auto, with all new cold ac. One of the parts cars had a label in the door jam saying it was equipped with a special trim option by InterTech. I'm not sure what was special about it: it did have a spoiler and white aluminum wheels. An acquaintance of mine had his rear end fall out on him after spending about $800 on the car. I've now purchased that one from him for $100 and have started stripping it down to the shell for parts and the drive train that I will use to make whole one of the other parts cars I got that some how or another has managed to stay rust free.
    IMG_20170627_101314735.jpg
    IMG_20170629_225301818.jpg
    IMG_20170627_172955965.jpg
    Last edited by cahman8; 06-29-2017, 11:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Car wash, oil change and replaced the 25 year old turbo oil drain hose with a brand new one directly from Mazda! The old one was rock hard and a piece had already broken off... fortunately right at one end past the clamp so it wasn't leaking... yet!

Leave a comment:

• firebush357
    replied
    I started sanding my Spoiler for paint this weekend. I would have just scuffed it and repainted it but someone put some stripes on it and they left a ton of glue so I decided to go ahead and sand it all down.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X