Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eurotiva
    replied
    Or will he. ...? I might switch some plug wires. ..

Sonik is fast and should go 11.??
    I hope it does, so I'll have reason to go again
    Last edited by eurotiva; 04-08-2015, 09:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
    Gutted it going for 11's
    Good luck! With Greg helping you out, I'm sure you'll hit your goal

Leave a comment:

• Flyin4stroke
    replied
    Gutted it going for 11's

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by ottoparts View Post
    Still not sure what the PO was going for by painting the bottom of the bumpers blue.
    I painted my steel bumper support beams four wild colors using partial spray bombs. Maybe he ran out of paint like I did?

Leave a comment:

• burundon
    replied
    Wired up the driving lights in their new home. Got my new drive axles and tie rod ends in the mail. Not sure how long it's going to be before I actually get them installed.

Leave a comment:

• ottoparts
    replied
    Cleaned all of the over spray from the windows. The PO did not mask anything when he got crazy with the primer spray cans.
    I also cleaned and repainted the bumpers. Still not sure what the PO was going for by painting the bottom of the bumpers blue.
    Added "angry eyes" cause they make me laugh.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ottoparts; 04-05-2015, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• freshtiva
    replied
    Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
    Had the usual issues with the bottom bolt seized to the shock bushing. I cut the shock off, split the main collar with an angle grinder, peeled the rubber off, attacked the inner bushing with a Dremel with a little cut off wheel (OK, lots of little cut off wheels) and was able to remove the bolt without stripping or damaging the captive nut. Only had to replace one the bolts. So 5 hours later the car is back on the ground.
    Been there too many times !!

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Ran brake booster hose - anybody actually use eBay silicone vacuum hose? This stuff seems way too soft to work. Probably gonna just go to Lowes and get some cheap hose that's stiffer.

Also mounted VAF and cleaned up my radiator hoses some more. Just fluids, battery bracket, and exhaust left. Can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• fastivaca
    replied
    Replaced the rear shocks in my daughter's Festiva. Had the usual issues with the bottom bolt seized to the shock bushing. I cut the shock off, split the main collar with an angle grinder, peeled the rubber off, attacked the inner bushing with a Dremel with a little cut off wheel (OK, lots of little cut off wheels) and was able to remove the bolt without stripping or damaging the captive nut. Only had to replace one the bolts. So 5 hours later the car is back on the ground.

Leave a comment:

• drddan
    replied
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    Awesome!!!

Leave a comment:

• Axlander9289
    replied
    Swung by the junkyard, and picked up everything I need for an Aspire brake swap along with a spare hood for an art project I'm going to tackle sooner or later. Once the Aspire swap is done, I'm going to hand paint the junkyard hood with Rush's Fly By Night album cover artwork. I'm going for a 70s custom van look. Keeping the stock aqua hood so I can switch between the two.

Leave a comment:

• 200KGPGTP
    replied
    "Never buy a car you can't push!"

That is hilarious. I just had to push my Festy the other night to get it rolling down a hill to clutch start it cause I left my headlights on too long with the car off(they were shining into a storage unit) and thought "Thank god this thing is light"

Leave a comment:

• unclepossum
    replied
    Today I discovered that the speedo cable is where I add trans fluid and that it id VERY hard to get to! Then I went to adjust my parking brake and the adjusting nut snapped off. GRRRRR. Cannot seem to find a replacement anywhere and am not looking forward to crawling around in the mud at a junkyard. :pottytrain4:

Leave a comment:

• David88
    replied
    ^ this +1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X