Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What have you done to your Festiva today!?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sketchman
    replied
    Ooh. Cool. I'll have to watch that later.

Leave a comment:

• scitzz
    replied
    Originally posted by sketchman View Post
    Mythbusters did a show. It is cheaper to run with the windows down than to use the A/C. At least at the speed they chose. Can't remember right now what that speed was. Also running with your tailgate down in a pickup wastes more than having it up.

Just an FYI.
    They did a revisit. Windows down in the city, windows up AC on when driving the highway are the best gas savers. Benefits didn't kick in until at least 55MPH.

Leave a comment:

• sketchman
    replied
    Mythbusters did a show. It is cheaper to run with the windows down than to use the A/C. At least at the speed they chose. Can't remember right now what that speed was. Also running with your tailgate down in a pickup wastes more than having it up.

Just an FYI.
    Last edited by sketchman; 07-02-2014, 12:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TorqueEffect
    replied
    Went ahead and ordered a few things off ebay.
    A aluminium MAF cone filter adapter, a red mushroom filter, and a A/C Receiver/drier that hopefully will work for my system.

Kinda like to have my A/C working by the beginning of august when I will be having a 5 hour trip to, and 5 hours from Chicago, and would rather not have the windows down the entire time on the highway. (lots of wasted gas from wind drag)

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    That's funny I had a wasp on my back window while driving today.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Antstiva.

How about Waspstiva?
    I saw a couple of nasty ones at a yard once. They were in the glovebox and behind the swoopy mirrors.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 07-01-2014, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RhodeStiva
    replied
    Cleaned it out because of a ton of ants.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Be sure to get the throttle setup too.

Leave a comment:

• jawja jim
    replied
    Brave, your descriptive "spider web hoses" got me. After sleeping on it (and remembering all those hoses sticking out in mid air), I contacted the poster about the carb setup. Seeing how helpful members are, maybe I can make it work.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by jawja jim View Post
    I'm a little leery of getting away from the "stockness" and the book.
    No more spider web hoses. No more ECU. No more codes. Only $200
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-30-2014, 09:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chobobulous
    replied
    Dropped of my b6 block for crack testing and honing. Im also going to have them get the rest of the burned off head gasket off. Way cheaper than I thought. Only 35 dollars

Leave a comment:

• jawja jim
    replied
    No comments about the flames in general, but I'm gonna call it "Flame" at least in part in memory of a good friend with that nickname that passed on a couple of years back. I have seen your many posts expressing disdain for the feedback carbs, but I'm a little leery of getting away from the "stockness" and the book. All the vacuum lines on the RH side of the engine compartment have been pulled loose from the ends not attached to the carb. Expect manual today or tomorrow. EVTM already came.

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    jawja, if the vacuum lines have been disturbed, good luck. In my opinion, it's not worth burning any brain cells. I recommend a non feedback carb swap. I had an 89 with the same problem. Did you get any comments about the blue flames?
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-30-2014, 01:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jawja jim
    replied
    Friday I picked up an 89 LX 5spd that I bought last Sunday on CL. The ad said " needs an inexpensive part that is difficult to replace". The problem was that the timing gear to cam bolt had broken and someone had given a price to repair that made the owner push it into a garage to sit for 6 years. It took me about an hour to get the broken piece out with my new left hand drill set from HF. Now I await delivery of the 89 shop manual to try and make sense of all the vacuum lines that are disconnected.1404135090620.jpg

Leave a comment:

• bravekozak
    replied
    Originally posted by Gomez View Post
    I like polished aluminum.
    I like polished 304SS.
    I made a bull bar for my CJ and it was magnificent.
    Unprotected polished aluminum tends to oxidize quickly unless coated with laquer or oil.
    Last edited by bravekozak; 06-30-2014, 09:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X